We have the new Moto G, you have questions. Fire away!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you notice any memory management (apps being kicked out of memory), and having to be reloaded from scratch on the 2g model?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also is the 1gb model a major improvement over the Moto e? I ask because I picked up the Verizon moto e for $25 on sale and based on the specs it has the same cpu, gpu, ram, and internal memory.

Obviously the screen is a bit bigger on the g with a slight increase in resolution, and the camera is better plus you have customizations... But compared to the $25 i paid (currently $45)for the Moto e, us the $179 moto g really THAT much better, relative to the cost differential?

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Just called Sprint and the rep said he has no idea if the Moto G can be used on Sprint. I thought it could be.

~Blessed From My Note 4~

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Moto x 2013 vs moto g 2015?

Few things I'm interested about in particular...
1. Battery life
2. Camera
3. Software - active display, camera wrist flick, always listening, Overall speed and experience
4. Size/weight difference

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Probably a minor issue for many people, but is the LED notification light still just white or have they replaced it with an RGB one? Thanks.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you notice any memory management (apps being kicked out of memory), and having to be reloaded from scratch on the 2g model?
No, but remember the 2gb version is the higher capacity. And I wouldn't expect a phone like this to need more than that.
Also is the 1gb model a major improvement over the Moto e? I ask because I picked up the Verizon moto e for $25 on sale and based on the specs it has the same cpu, gpu, ram, and internal memory.

Obviously the screen is a bit bigger on the g with a slight increase in resolution, and the camera is better plus you have customizations... But compared to the $25 i paid (currently $45)for the Moto e, us the $179 moto g really THAT much better, relative to the cost differential?
That depends on how happy you are with your E. I'd say the 2015 G, especially the 2/16 variant, is a solid upgrade, but whether you want to spend the cash to upgrade over your E is another matter.

Moto x 2013 vs moto g 2015?

Few things I'm interested about in particular...
1. Battery life
2. Camera
3. Software - active display, camera wrist flick, always listening, Overall speed and experience
4. Size/weight difference

Thanks!

At this stage the 2015 G wins hands down. Better battery life. Camera at least equivalent. Display *immeasurably* better. And more life ahead of it in terms of updates etc.

Only thing you miss out on is Moto Voice. That and the new G is a little chunkier than the 2013 X

How do the front facing speakers sound? Any improvement over last year's model?
Only one of the cutouts is actually a loudspeaker (bottom). Top is a regular earpiece.

That said the single loudspeaker is solid — more than loud enough and pretty bassy. As for why they went from two speakers to one, I think probably has to to with wanting one good speaker versus two mediocre ones, considering the price constraints of the G.

Probably a minor issue for many people, but is the LED notification light still just white or have they replaced it with an RGB one? Thanks.
No LED this time as the new G has Moto Display

Last edited:

bbnsol

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it available in the UK today and where can you buy one?

I've trawled the usual retailers and can barely find a mention of it.

n00kie

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was probably a big ask but that's a good point regarding Moto Display covering some of the bases.

On my 1st gen moto g the only issue I have is that the buttons are a bit wobbly without the cover on. How are they on the new one?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
does the moto g support fast charging, and if not what is the max input?
No QC as far as I can tell. Wasn't mentioned during yesterday's event when they talked about fast charging on the Play + Style. Max input isn't specified anywhere, and the devices we got yesterday didn't come with chargers. Seems to charge quickly enough from a generic 2A charger though.

Yeah. Only place I can find is Three, but I think they're only stocking 8GBs.
I thought it was probably a big ask but that's a good point regarding Moto Display covering some of the bases.

On my 1st gen moto g the only issue I have is that the buttons are a bit wobbly without the cover on. How are they on the new one?
No issues here with the buttons. But then the cover doesn't rest up against them like the first gen G — http://www.androidcentral.com/sites...blic/article_images/2015/07/moto-g-2015-8.jpg

kurveb03

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Does it have IR sensors for Moto Display or it just uses the proximity sensor? How much of difference in the battery would it make considering it doesn't have an AMOLED screen.
And out of topic, but the does the Moto X Play have IR sensors like the Style?

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Moto g available in Uk direct from moto website including moto maker starting from £179

DannyHeard

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

It's available direct from Motorola on their website with Moto maker. At least it was last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith