Need to upgrade

matt souders

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I know the Moto g just came out, but I need a new phone sooner then later. Would the new moto g be better then the 2014 moto x. I would like to get the moto x 2015 but I'm not sure if I want a phone that big. Thanks for the opinions.

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Last years moto x was built as a high end phone, the G... Not so much. It's a great phone, but with that Moto X your getting a better build and screen. Not sure about that camera though lol. I would get the 2014 x if I were you.

Posted via the Android Central App

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I know the Moto g just came out, but I need a new phone sooner then later. Would the new moto g be better then the 2014 moto x. I would like to get the moto x 2015 but I'm not sure if I want a phone that big. Thanks for the opinions.

2015 Moto G does not have a better processor than 2014 Moto X.
If you want to get a 2014 Moto G as a spare till 2015 Moto X Style comes out that might be okay.
If you want a smaller size phone perhaps get a 2014 Moto X

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

2015 Moto G does not have a better processor than 2014 Moto X.
If you want to get a 2014 Moto G as a spare till 2015 Moto X Style comes out that might be okay.
If you want a smaller size phone perhaps get a 2014 Moto X

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you're okay with the size for the 2014 X it is hands down the better phone, unless you want the IP7 water resistance.

especially with brand new 2014 X's going for $300 from motorola, it's a steal.

i'm getting a G as an inbetween while i wait for the 2015 X and something about it just seems fun, but i don't think i would get it for long term use.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
For your budget shame the Play isn't being released in the States if size is an issue.

It's being released over here in the UK in August and you could readily buy one over here to be shipped over. However, I don't know what bands it covers in the US or what the import taxes might be.

matt souders

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I was very excited about the play when they announced it, but then finding out that it wasn't offered in the US was a bummer. I think I'm going to get the Moto G for the wife, perfect phone for her, and try to wait it out for a little. Definitely considering the moto x 2014 for $300. I want to keep my next phone for awhile, so I'm just worried about the moto X 2014 becoming outdated very quickly but I guess when it comes to phones outdated can be a weekly thing. So I guess as long as I like it outdated doesn't really matter.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I'd pretty much decided to get the G if all the prior leaks turned out be true (which they pretty much were), then completely out of the blue comes the Play!

Pretty much certain that's the one I'll be getting now unless something pretty terrible happens with reviews etc. Makes a nice change we Limeys get something you don't for once!!!

Had a 1st Gen G for over 18 months now (didn't find the 2nd worth the upgrade) and I've been MORE than happy with it, and I'm sure your wife wont be disappointed.

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Also can vouch for the longevity of the G. It's been quite the reliable phone for me

Posted via the Android Central App