Pleasantly surprising battery life

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this phone (8GB model) for a couple days now and purposely ignored any of those of battery saving myths. Just turned it on, charged it up over night, and ran around all day having a grand old time. Even spent a lengthy time on the couch watching GiantBomb videos. Really didn't expect to see 40% still left at close to 6pm (what is at now). Was even more surprised to see well over 4 hours of screen on time.

I don't know if leaving all Google location nonsense off and never using Google Now really helped that much, but this battery is stomping all over the 2014 Moto G. Coupled with the new camera, Moto features like twist for camera and chop for flash, I'm perfectly happy with the same memory and storage. This is still a fine upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1155.jpg
    1155.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 142

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon moto e 2nd gen that I paid $25 for has the same soc and ram and definitely gets similarly good battery life. Very impressed with the s410 battery life compared to the s400 on the Moto g previous gens.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon moto e 2nd gen that I paid $25 for has the same soc and ram and definitely gets similarly good battery life. Very impressed with the s410 battery life compared to the s400 on the Moto g previous gens.

I completely agree. Some are disappointed it doesn't have the s670 I think that's the name. The battery and s410 in my moto e 2nd gen on Verizon is incredible. This is with some Verizon stuff (disabled some) and I constantly have my hotspot on which connects my original gsm moto g and my nexus 7 (2013) and my battery lasts all day. Moto made the right choice I'm definitely going to get the moto g (2015) as an upgrade especially being carrier free. Especially since the moto g (2015) has 2gb of ram and 16GB that should make multitasking much better. The active display is awesome too I'm glad they brought that too the new G

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I got past 7 hours of screen on time and still haven't got the low battery warning. From 5:30am to close to 10pm on a single charge after doing everything I could to drain this thing, I just give up. I'm going to sleep feeling great about my purchase.

Attachments

• 1157.jpg
    1157.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 51

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I got past 7 hours of screen on time and still haven't got the low battery warning. From 5:30am to close to 10pm on a single charge after doing everything I could to drain this thing, I just give up. I'm going to sleep feeling great about my purchase.

Yeah I was getting about 8 hours SOT on the Moto e 2nd gen, this is about what I was getting on the iPhone 6 plus, probably slightly more.

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this phone (8GB model) for a couple days now and purposely ignored any of those of battery saving myths. Just turned it on, charged it up over night, and ran around all day having a grand old time. Even spent a lengthy time on the couch watching GiantBomb videos. Really didn't expect to see 40% still left at close to 6pm (what is at now). Was even more surprised to see well over 4 hours of screen on time.

I don't know if leaving all Google location nonsense off and never using Google Now really helped that much, but this battery is stomping all over the 2014 Moto G. Coupled with the new camera, Moto features like twist for camera and chop for flash, I'm perfectly happy with the same memory and storage. This is still a fine upgrade.

Having location off makes a huge difference. If your willing, turn that on and see how it does. Most of us leave it on all the time, so that's a much better test for those who haven't bought one.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Having location off makes a huge difference. If your willing, turn that on and see how it does. Most of us leave it on all the time, so that's a much better test for those who haven't bought one.

I personally just don't ever like having it on. This will have to be one of those "your milage may vary" situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888