What are the APN Settings for Consumer Cellular (can't get LTE)?

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
APN Settings for Consumer Cellular (can't get LTE)

I really like the Motorola 3rd gen phone but I can't get the phone into LTE I only get 3g. The Support at Consumer Cellular is fairly useless. Does anyone happen to be using Consumer Cellular and getting LTE? If so can you possibly share the APN settings? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: APN Settings for Consumer Cellular (can't get LTE)

Thanks for the help, but that is what the Consumer Cellular support did. The phone is still on 3G. LTE is strong in our area, and other phones within this house have LTE (iPhone).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I have no clue if this works on the Moto G but I had this problem on a Nexus 6 I bought and here's what I wrote previous regarding how I solved the problem.

Zendroid1 said:
I actually got it working now. I did the code *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and it had LTE/GSM Auto and I switched it to LTE only and it worked. However, this wasn't a good solution so I switched it back to LTE/GSM Auto and I now get LTE and it switches to GSM if LTE isn't available.

Try rebooting after you switch the options around.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Type, and make sure it includes LTE or 4G. The exact menu name might differ on your phone.

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply! I have tried the above action, thing is the Preferred Network Type shows 3 options LTE(recommended), 3G, and 2G the problem is every time I switch it to LTE it reverts back to 3G.

I think the problem lies with Consumer Cellular. We have good LTE coverage here my daughters iPhone gets LTE with Consumer Cellular(same plan). I switched the simm card from my old 2nd gen Moto G into the new 3rd Gen Moto G. I have tried everything possible to get this device on LTE. I spent hours with Customer Service at Consumer Cellular (not very helpful), they seem to work from a script. Possibly I need a new simm card?

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your help, got it working myself playing with the APN settings(Bearer:Unspecified) and Network Operator settings(ATT). Consumer Cellulars Customer Service wasn't very good.

JKM49us

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I just set up my samsung s6 with consumer cellular. When I switch to mobile data I see 1n icon at the top of the screen which says 4G does this mean I am getting LTE. With my previous phone a Sony Xperia Z1LTE the icon was LTE. Is there a diiference or is 4G a synonymous term for LTE. If they are different what is necessary to get the LTE. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 4G means LTE. H+ means HSPA+, which is "pseudo 4G," but that shouldn't use a 4G icon.

JKM49us

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
So does that mean I have LTE. If the 4G needs to be set up for LTE I know CC tech support won't be able to help me. With my Z1 Xperia I was left to do it it myself with assistance from web pages and people like your self. I wish all these would get on the same page as far as terminology.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check your download speed with Speedtest. LTE should be around 10-20 Mbps, assuming you have good reception. If it's more like 4-5 Mbps, it might be "pseudo 4G" HSPA+.

JKM49us

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks "B", never thought of using the Speedtest. Will give it a try and let you know what results are. Knowing Consumer Cellular it'll will be the HSPA+.

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I can get the LTE to stay on (with lot's of work), but as soon as I reboot it reverts to 3g. Consumer Cellular tells me the phone is properly set up for LTE on their end and that they can not help me anymore. I guess it is an annoyance I am going to have to deal with till I can figure out the issue.

fdalbor

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

When you contact CC now they send you a text message that has the correct codes in it. You open the text message and it installs the correct codes. Before this I could not get LTE on my Motorola G LTE. I can now and pictures in text messages now work. My Motorola has 5.1

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers