Moto G (3rd gen): Why does my front camera become yellowish when taking a selfie?

A

AC Question

Hi All,

I bought Moto G ( 3rd generation 16GB ) in that i found an issue, while taking selfie my screen become yellowish for a seconds before capturing picture also capture pictures as mirror image. This issue was only in front cam and rear cam working well, Then i contacted moto tech through live chat they told to do following steps,

1. Clear data n cache of camera app
2. Install 3rd party camera app and check ( I Installed candy camera and checked, there is no issue while using that app)
3. check any software update is there
4. Do factory reset

I have followed all this instructions but still issue was not solved . Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: front camera issue in moto g 3rd generation

Hi All,

I bought Moto G ( 3rd generation 16GB ) in that i found an issue, while taking selfie my screen become yellowish for a seconds before capturing picture also capture pictures as mirror image. This issue was only in front cam and rear cam working well, Then i contacted moto tech through live chat they told to do following steps,

1. Clear data n cache of camera app
2. Install 3rd party camera app and check ( I Installed candy camera and checked, there is no issue while using that app)
3. check any software update is there
4. Do factory reset

I have followed all this instructions but still issue was not solved . Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Return/exchange your defective phone. (as I said in your other post)

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
That's the shutter animation, same happens in my moto g3 as well. So it not a matter of concern.

Posted via the Android Central App

jimt1029

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The screen is acting as a flash when you take the photo. If you take a pic using the front camera in a dark room, you will see a flash icon in the middle of the yellow screen.

As for the image reversing, take a picture of yourself wearing a shirt with writing on it. You'll notice that before you take a picture of yourself, the image on the screen will be a reflection (backward writing). Once the pic is taken, the picture flips to show the correct view (forward, readable writing), like it should.

Your phone is probably fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund