Moto G 2015 Delivered Sept 9, 2015 (Will Continue to Update)

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
DAY 1
Just got the 16 gb with 2 gb ram. White front and back with the light metallic trim. As I use the phone as my daily driver over the next week or so (14 day window to retrun), I'll update here. My previous phone is a Moto X 64gb 2013 version (which I loved but wanted a bigger screen and phone).

Right off the bat:
- It uses a Micro SIM card size (not Nano as a couple of sites mentioned in specs)

- Like other reviews have said, its a nicer version than the previous models. More sleeker and looks cleaner. And feels very good in the hand. But no matter what you say, it is a tad bit cheap looking. Overall I am happy with the way it looks and build quality (of course with the caveat for the price)

- The screen is very bright at 100%. Too much for an LCD type of phone. Set it high and colors are washed out and blacks look lighter gray almost. Seems normal at 50%. Coming from an AMOLED Moto X 2013. The screen is no where near as nice. But its not terrible either. Bottomline the screen is the phone's weakest point. After some time you get used to it and don't notice it much. But if you put it next to another phone then its obvious.

- Battery seems good. But so far its on par with the Moto X 2013. Not mind blowing or anything. But very good.

sdsteven

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
GREAT POST
To me this is a GREAT phone and a GREAT value
Sure if you pu the screen next to a screen from a phone that costs a lot more you will see the difference
I got the same config that you did.
Instead of paying way over $500 I got something I could afford.
If the phone does what you want it to and you spent what you can afford then its a great deal.
The only problem I have is the customer service. I had a question I called yesterday for help.
The lady was trying to be nice. We all know about foreign accents and how difficult it is to understand that. But this lady had trouble with the words.
I am keeping mine
Do you think you will keep yours?
Steven

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Will likely keep it.

Day 3
I just learned the Assist App does not have Drive mode or Home mode. Very puzzling and disappointing. Why would Moto remove this.

So far the phone performs well. With 90 apps installed and all settings left on, and screen at 50%, and many apps moved to SD card, the phone remains snappy.

Call quality is good, no low volume earpiece. It does well out on a bust metro street.

Strong wifi signal, bluetooth is fine, audio speaker is good and loud.

Despite ridged back cover I find the phone is still a bit slippery. Its fine and comfortable in my front pocket.

Battery is good but not as remarkable as some reviewers boast. Its lasts all day with 4.5 hours screen time for me.

Camera twist feature get accidentky triggered once in awhile...seems too sensitive.

Posted via the Android Central App

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Been about 9 DAYS.

- Impressive performance. Its just plain snappy.
- I am comfortable with the screen now. It works well enough.
- Battery life has improved a lot. Not sure why. But from 6am - 6pm it only drop 20% (with mild use..a call or two, emails, text, internet browsing). Mostly on standby.
- Once in awhile it seems the touch screen is unresponsive. Have to press it twice.
- Camera twist shortcut is sensitive. Occasionally switches on while holding/moving the phone---never in the pocket though.
- Speaker plays music and media very clear and loud
-Ear piece moving in NYC streets is a tad low. Not too much of a bother.
-Photos are definitely improved compared to Moto X 2013 and Moto G 2014

Overall loving the phone.

bafare

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Battery on mine from 10 pm to 8 am only take 2% of battery life in stand by. I have bunch of apps and battery life last all day with moderate use which includes texting, a few calls, reading news and little gaming. Speed is awesome. It even open apps faster than my Moto X2. For looks, the Moto X2 is very sexi while the Moto g3 is just OK but it has advantage such as battery which is what really matters to me.

Posted via the Android Central App on Moto X 2014/Moto G3/Moto G1/Lenovo Tab S8/ Lenovo Yoga 11

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The battery life is quite good. For my kind of use where I need solid battery performance 6am to 8:30 pm. This phone does the job with lots of battery to spare.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995