No Drive Mode or Home Mode

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, the Moto G (2015) Assist app does not support Drive or Home. Not one review on Youtube mentioned this. The previous version had it so why remove such a useful feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The original moto g had it. So did the moto g lte.

The reason the original didn't have it at first had something to do with it but having the X8 core processor. I think that's what Motorola called it in the original moto x. The moto g was doing so well though that they put it on the first moto e and then brought it to moto g but it took a while.

I don't know if it was on the 2014 moto g. It's not in the moto e either.

I don't know if it's priority only for moto x or if it just was a forgotten feature. I find it odd that moto g 4glte and moto g 2014 had gyroscope but the moto e lte and moto g 2015 doesn't. I don't think that has anything to do with it since the original moto g didn't have it.

I think lenovomoto just forgot about it. And the gyroscope. It could also be that they want the moto x pure to be their flagship with every moto feature on board. I always wanted moto connect text to pc to work with the g.

I used drive mode all the time and it worked flawless. Better then s voice or s drive too. An update messed it up after a while. Technically if you still have your original moto g you can assign any text app for voice. Verizon for example syncs all texts with Verizon messages. I'm sure they aren't the only one. Thinking of finding another to use moto g for drive mode.

For what it lacks though the chop chop flashlight and twist camera are genius. I use both everyday and they work perfect. Love the moto active display too.

Lg has an app that reads texts I'm going to test it out with my infinim headset. Doesn't look like you can assign chomp or textra though.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
The 2014 G has both for sure. Hoping they eventually get added to the 2015 G overtime. I also used them all the time on my old 2013 Moto X and hoped to continue. I cant imagine they just kinda forgot them. Agree I dont think the Gyroscope had a key role and so perhaps they will eventually update. I just wish more reviews mention this.

Overall I really like the 2015 G despite the above. Very good phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781