Link phone contacts with fb contacts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This can't be done on all devices--it depends on if the manufacturer tweaked the software to allow it. Go to Settings>Accounts, tap Facebook, and see if there is an option there to sync contacts. If not, then you can't do it on that device.

Wolfe79

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Only just found this thread after looking for a solution to this problem all over. Is there no workaround the issue whatsoever? People have been trying to rollback to previous versions of Facebook in the Samsung 5 Note forum and having success. Tried doing the same, but there seems to be no option to sync the contacts regardless of how far back you roll back.. which is a shame.

Would be great if there was a way to sync these. I was a huge fan of the feature having just upgraded from Sony Xperia M, which used XperiaTM with Facebook to link the Facebook contacts with the phone ones. Was wondering if there is another app that could do it.

Anyone tried Sync.Me?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Since Facebook changed their API this is not possible, It's server-side, not much you can do if you don't have a licensed Facebook API interface that some OEMs have like HTC (I think Sense can still do this, but it's been a while)

Wolfe79

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Just to let you all know it IS possible to use Sync.Me to link contacts to social media websites like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. It won't necessarily connect the contact details with those on Facebook, but it DID sync the profile pictures with my phone contact list! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR