Why are pictures on my "Drive" from my previous phone and how to transfer to SD

scarll

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I got rid of my Windows phone approximately two months ago and replaced it with a Moto G. I thought I had the settings correct so all my photos would go to my SD card, which they have been doing. Today I saved a picture from an email and it went to my Drive instead of the SD card. When I went to my Drive to see if I could transfer it, there are a ton of pictures that I took with my old phone........What!?! Anyway, how can I transfer the one I want to keep on my current phone to the SD card? Thanks. I am in the process of deleting all of the old photos.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It's there because it was auto-backed up to Google Photos, which can be set to display/share the photos with Google Drive. From your phone, you should still be able to delete them from your device without losing them from Drive. Obviously beneficial if you lose your phone or change devices. If you want to delete these pictures from Google Drive, you need to log into your Google account on a desktop/laptop computer. Also, you can adjust the settings in each of Google Photos and Google Drive to control whether either app shows photos from the other.