light leak of moto g3

VORTEX VICTOR

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I found myself that the gaps between the volume button and the power button has a violet colured light coming out ....why is it so

Is it normal ...because I'm worried that the phone will no longer be water resistant

Posted via the Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I found myself that the gaps between the volume button and the power button has a violet colured light coming out ....why is it so

Is it normal ...because I'm worried that the phone will no longer be water resistant

Posted via the Android Central App
It's normal, there is definitely a little bit of light leak around the buttons, it varies a little from handset to handset, on mine I have to turn the brightness to max and look at the side directly, I see two blue/violet spots, almost like small rectangles, above the volume buttons however I see nothing at the power button.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
From the reviews I've read, light leak is normal in the moto g 3rd gen. Especially on the white face model. Your handset should still be water resistant. Just be very careful with the speaker slots. They'll collect dust and hair, but do not clean them with a paperclip / toothpick / etc. The water resistant film in the speakers is extremely fragile from what I've read and the most common way to loose your water resistance is from this tearing due to trying to clean out dust and hair. I've read that this can safely be cleaned with a can of pressurized air.