6.0 Marshmallow: India Roll-out

Aryan Salooja

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
How to Get Marshmallow for Moto G3??

I'm in India and I want to get the Marshmallow update. I have heard that it is rolling out in USA. Is there a way to change my phone's region to get the update now?? I used to do like this on my Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone) to get the update early. Is there something like this for my Moto G 3 too???

Posted via the Android Central App

theundead176

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to Get Marshmallow for Moto G3??

Not all devices in the US are getting updates. And Motorola decides the region for a device based on where it was bought. The system into says something like ret.us for US retail devices.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Moto g3 users are going to get a taste of the new update as motorolaIndia has posted a picture on its Instagram page suggesting that android 6.0 has been up for update... No details relating to size of the update or version number has been made out.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android M (6.0) made out for moto g3 users in India

I just checked moto India's page. That's a full blown confirmation. I'm going to check moto USA and UK now.

Attachments

• 62170.jpg
    62170.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 35

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

Checked Columbia, Mexico, Spain, France, UK, USA and a few others and unfortunately no such courtesy has been given.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Lol... Yeah... Did you look at the date? It started over 3 weeks ago. Soak tests are nothing new.

December 8th was the original post. Update 3 came later.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm in India and I want to get the Marshmallow update. I have heard that it is rolling out in USA. Is there a way to change my phone's region to get the update now?? I used to do like this on my Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone) to get the update early. Is there something like this for my Moto G 3 too???

No.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Merged a couple of threads on the same topic and updated the thread title.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure about India, but I can confirm that the update is running in Brazil.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure about India, but I can confirm that the update is running in Brazil.
According to posts on XDA and Google+, it appears to be rolling out in full force in North and South America. India, Asia, Europe and other markets seem to be reporting little or no roll out yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn