Moto G 3rd generation doesn't recognize SIM card on slot 2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Moto G3 and I have been using dual sim for last 2 months. But since last week the SIM on the slot 2 is not getting detected. I tried swapping the SIMs in both slots, turns out the 2 SIM cards are working but the SIM in slot 2 is not getting signal. When I dial *#06# it shows me 2 IMEI.

Android Version: 6.0

simcard2.png

Can someone help please? Is a hardware damage or it can be solve with some trick?

Thanks.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
When did it stop working? Try clearing the cache or since youre on 6.0 resetting the device (the new backup agent is better from what I've heard).

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
When did it stop working? Try clearing the cache or since youre on 6.0 resetting the device (the new backup agent is better from what I've heard).

It was the last week, but it was suddenly, no update or some app caused the damage.

I cleared the cache and made a factory reset but the SIM card still is not recognized. :(

Help please!

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
It was the last week, but it was suddenly, no update or some app caused the damage.

I cleared the cache and made a factory reset but the SIM card still is not recognized. :(

Help please!

Since the sims work I think you may need to reflash 5.1.1 to see if the slots work, if not I'm afraid it would probably be a hardware issue. (To find the factory firmware look on the XDA developers forum for the Moto G (2015) and download the firmware for YOUR SKU ONLY. If you flash the wrong firmware you may brick your phone. The instructions flash it are in that forum too).

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Before reflashing the device, do you think is worth send it back for warranty, to discard a hardware issue first? I don't wanna void the warranty maybe for nothing.

And how do you know is working? I don't think is a coverage issue because when I put any SIM on slot 1 it works fine.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Before reflashing the device, do you think is worth send it back for warranty, to discard a hardware issue first? I don't wanna void the warranty maybe for nothing.

And how do you know is working? I don't think is a coverage issue because when I put any SIM on slot 1 it works fine.

I would say it depends on where you bought the phone. If it is from Amazon or something similar, yes, however if you bought it from Motorola their support is known to be ridiculously poor. I don't think flashing stock firmware will void your warranty however it is possibly an antenna issue and not the slot itself, if you feel safer sending it to the retailer for a replacement/repair do that first.

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Ni Re: Moto G 3rd generation doesn't recognize SIM card on slot 2

Try this:Install clean master app.clean each and every junk data in (mb) and restart your mobile.

Regards
PK Nhaveen

Hello,

I have a Moto G3 and I have been using dual sim for last 2 months. But since last week the SIM on the slot 2 is not getting detected. I tried swapping the SIMs in both slots, turns out the 2 SIM cards are working but the SIM in slot 2 is not getting signal. When I dial *#06# it shows me 2 IMEI.

Android Version: 6.0

View attachment 215497

Can someone help please? Is a hardware damage or it can be solve with some trick?

Thanks.