Why can't I save photos on an internal-formatted SD card?

A

AC Question

Can't save photos on internal-formatted SD card

I've had my Moto G3 for a week now and I really like it. I was using a 16GB memory card but it was slowing my phone down due to the quality. I am now using a 32GB Samsung Evo and am encountering problems. When I format the card as internal storage, I can't use the camera. If I try to take a photo, I get a message saying I don't have enough storage. This is ridiculous as I have plenty of it. It's odd because the phone is able to store apps on the SD card so it's not as if it flat-out doesn't recognise it's there. When I got on camera settings, I don't get the option to store within the SD card either, so I'm kind of stuck at what to do. If I format the card as external, it then works- but I intended to use the card to store apps. I've tried looking for solutions online but I haven't found anyone with my specific problem. Any help? Thanks in advance!

David Alfredo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That's just a bug of the 6.0 update and there's not anything you can do about it but wait until either Motorola releases a new update or the apps get updated to properly run on 6.0. The thing is sometimes apps won't write on the SD card and they will look for the "real storage" instead, even if the card is correctly formatted. It's very frustrating and I would recommend you to format the SD card as "external" instead of "adoptable", so you will have 16 GB of internal storage + 32 GB for photos, documents and videos (SD Card).

In case you are using the 8 GB model I guess you're better off downgrading to 5.1.1 where SD Card management is leagues better than whatever Marshmallow is offering, Samsung and LG are removing the "adoptable storage" feature from their Marshmallow-enabled phones this year so that would tell you something.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't save photos on internal-formatted SD card

The only reason they are doing that is so that people shell out more money for higher capacity versions. Adoptable storage is fine, and I use it. Try reformatting the card.

Posted via the Android Central App

leeky3

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi David, I'm glad to read your reply but I'm wondering how you know it's a bug? Only because I haven't come across anything else about this issue while searching (which is why I'm so glad to read your answer!) so I was surprised to hear other people have been experiencing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc