Update to Marshmellow

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Getting the Moto G 3rd generation today. Advertise as having Lollipop installed. I am assuming when I turn it on, it may be ready to offer update to Marshmellow. Should I do the update? Are there many problems with the new update? Thanks!

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine had M out the box, no update required. Ordered direct from MOTO and unlocked, not sure if that makes a difference.

No real issues for me. I'm coming from an N5 and its a smooth transition for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine had M out the box, no update required. Ordered direct from MOTO and unlocked, not sure if that makes a difference.

No real issues for me. I'm coming from an N5 and its a smooth transition for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks for the info. Have you or are you going to root? If so, what method. Thanks

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Getting the Moto G 3rd generation today. Advertise as having Lollipop installed. I am assuming when I turn it on, it may be ready to offer update to Marshmellow. Should I do the update? Are there many problems with the new update? Thanks!

After much hesitation and procrastination, I just updated about an hour ago, and it went very smoothly, with no hitches. Including optimizing my apps, the whole thing took a total of about 25 minutes.

I have absolutely no intention of rooting.

Ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown