Moto G carriers?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can the Moto G be used on all carriers like the Pure Edition or are there separate versions for ATT & Verizon?

It can't be used on a all carriers.

The unlocked model supports GSM-based ones like AT&T and T-Mobile and their MVNOs.

There is no variant compatible with Verizon.

There are variants for CDMA-based Sprint, Virgin Mobile (US), and US Cellular.

Spastico

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I have an unlocked us cellular moto g 1st gen. What other carriers can I use it on? It does have a Sim slot, so could I use it with a sim where you just buy an allotment of data at a time? Kinda like a Go Phone?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked us cellular moto g 1st gen. What other carriers can I use it on? It does have a Sim slot, so could I use it with a sim where you just buy an allotment of data at a time? Kinda like a Go Phone?
What do you mean by "unlocked" is the first question... Bootloader unlocked and carrier unlocked are two distinctly different things.

According to this your device is either carrier unlocked, or can be unlocked (it is not clear)... You either need to have current service and have had it for 12 months to be eligible for unlocking, or it is already unlocked. The LTE variant of Moto G 1st Gen would support GSM carriers for 3G only, but I think the original 3G model of Moto G 1st Gen only supported CDMA and 2G GSM, which as of the end of last year AT&T has shutdown their old 2G (Edge) network, meaning it may not work at all.

Spastico

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't think the bootloader is unlocked. I think its just not locked to a carrier anymore. Either way, thanks, that answers my question.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude