Car charger can't keep up with navigation

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I like my Moto G 3rd gen Android 6.0, but when I use it for navigation, the battery discharges even when I have it plugged into a car charger. (This seems to happen with both Google Maps and Waze.) The phone runs hot. I am using a 2.4 amp charger. I turn off the screen when I have a long stretch with no turns, and the battery lasts longer but still goes down. Suggestions?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would suspect your charger or cable...

Try installing GSAM Battery monitor, it has the ability to see what charge type (USB or "AC") the phone things it's getting, and what current it is drawing or using with negative current meaning a draw and positive values meaning a charge. I have never seen the Moto G3 draw more than 780ma of current with the screen on max well GPS is running, if it is discharging the battery then the phone isn't getting enough current from your power source. I deliver pizza and do this a lot, running for hours with Maps going on a 1A charger (real world max according to GSAM is around 850ma charge current) and although it is very slow it does charge the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech