Will Moto G 2015 get Android Nougat?

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope Nougat will be coming to my MotoG3. I'm kinda worried because when Marshmallow finally rolled out, the G2s didn't get the update and iirc they were promised 2 version upgrades within their support window.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking no. Moto/Leno was none too quick on MM, and are ignoring MM 6.01, at least in the states. It's too bad, because Moto was becoming a viable option for the Nexus line, with their past update history. Myself, I want a phone that will be updated whenever Google releases a major upgrade. Kind of like Apple. I guess that is only going to be on the Nexus line now.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking no. Moto/Leno was none too quick on MM, and are ignoring MM 6.01, at least in the states. It's too bad, because Moto was becoming a viable option for the Nexus line, with their past update history. Myself, I want a phone that will be updated whenever Google releases a major upgrade. Kind of like Apple. I guess that is only going to be on the Nexus line now.
The problem was they were too quick to jump into 6.0.1, which was rolled out to a few specific models and had tons of issues, and the roll out stopped. Why it never progressed any further is a mystery and Moto is not talking. When the Moto G 2015 was released, it was stated that it would be supported for 2 software releases, but they said that about the Moto E and G2, and those were forgotten as well.

I am hopeful we will get it, but not confident. It is possible that Moto decided not to waste resources on continuing 6.0.1 development because it will move directly to N, but the time lapse seems quite a bit.

I put the odds at 50/50... my 2 cents worth on the subject. Of course, I have little doubt we will get CM 14, so there should be third party support for the Moto G 2015 with N unless there is some show-stopping issue we don't foresee at this time, the device is just too popular with the developer community.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't count on it.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

greenanon

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Why wouldn't the g3 get it Moto supports there phones for 2 years so I think we would get it

Posted via the Android Central App from my moto g 3rd Gen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma