text messaging

qprdude

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I read a thread (can't find it now) about Samsung Galaxy phones randomly deleting text messages. Seemed to be more replies that got deleted. I have a Motorola Moto G3 and my texts are disappearing too so it's not a Samsung problem.
When I go back to check on a text conversation, I find that most of MY replies are missing, but the conversation from the other party is still complete. Very confusing as you lose track of what you have already said!
In a moment of madness, I started using WhatsApp to text but I found it also came up on the standard androin test app. I also downloaded an 02 (UK provider) app called TU, which allows calls to be made even if there is no signal (Don't ask how!). My texts also appear on that app too. Add "Messenger" to that list as they also appeared there. I set the basic text app from android (the little green speech bubble icon) as the default text app but still my texts disappear randomly. If I had any hair, I'd pull it out.
Strangely, my boss (wife) has a Samsung Galaxy J5, and she has no problems with texting.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what are you getting at here... There are any number of reasons this (messages disappearing) could be happening to you, it isn't happening to me, or anyone else with a Moto G 3 that I am aware of. Get rid of your unnecessary apps, use stock or reliable messaging apps (Textra, Hello SMS, Handscent, etc) and get rid of the extra junk, this is not an Android or Google issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome