Experience going from Moto X (1st Gen) to Moto G (3rd Gen)?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone used both? Any advice on what to expect? Improvements? Downgrades? Other thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

paininthenuts

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone used both? Any advice on what to expect? Improvements? Downgrades? Other thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

I haven't had a G1, but do have some advice. The G3 runs android 6.0, if yours is running 5.0, do not update it unless you have a 16gb version. Android 6 has a strange way of dealing with apps, which in turn means it will gobble up a whole load of storage. You only have to read through the posts to see this is a major gripe with many owners of the G3. Apart from that it is a very good phone.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had a G1, but do have some advice. The G3 runs android 6.0, if yours is running 5.0, do not update it unless you have a 16gb version. Android 6 has a strange way of dealing with apps, which in turn means it will gobble up a whole load of storage. You only have to read through the posts to see this is a major gripe with many owners of the G3. Apart from that it is a very good phone.

Thanks. I'm coming from a Moto X, not a G1. :). I have read about the SD issues and am definitely getting a 16 gb - regardless of those issues.

On my Moto X I resisted the constant "upgrade" to Lollipop until I finally accidentally hit accept. I'll probably let the G3 update just to avoid constantly getting the update request. Seems like MM is not much of an issue if you have a 16gb.