Bluetooth devices do not auto pair

chucks-the-one

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I have paired and used 2-3 bluetooth devices (mostly ear buds) and they show in my "paired devices" list. Not sure why, but when I turn them on to use again, they do not connect automatically. I have to go to the device list and force connect while putting device in pair mode. No fun to do that every time.

I know there are apps out there to manage bluetooth devices, but thought this was native to the phone. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have paired and used 2-3 bluetooth devices (mostly ear buds) and they show in my "paired devices" list. Not sure why, but when I turn them on to use again, they do not connect automatically. I have to go to the device list and force connect while putting device in pair mode. No fun to do that every time.

I know there are apps out there to manage bluetooth devices, but thought this was native to the phone. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Are you also using those earbuds with other devices?

Many Bluetooth "end" devices (speakers, earbuds, etc.) can only pair with one device at a time; if you re-pair with a different device (let's say your tablet) and then want to return to the original device (your phone) you have to re-pair them.

This is particularly true of older and/or less expensive earbuds/speakers/etc.

chucks-the-one

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
No, I have only paired them with this phone. I checked and my tablet bluetooth is turned off. My PC does not have bluetooth built in, but is using it for mouse & keyboard. That shouldn't affect this device, but one never knows.

Last edited:

chucks-the-one

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, I worked back through 3-5 pages. Thankfully, I don't have the apps cited with BLE problems. I am on Android 6.0 and saw a comment that it fixed the issue for some older devices. Sadly, not Moto G '15.