Problem with Google Play Music

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the Google Play Music app, and sometimes when hit the "play" button, it looks like it is going to do something, then goes back to showing the "play" button, and trying this multiple times yields the same result. I also had an issue where I pressed play and it didn't do anything, so i just did something else...then 30 minutes later it started playing music. This is for music already downloaded to my phone. A force close doesn't fix the issue, only a phone restart. The non responsive playing issue happened on both my G4 and G4P. The 30 minute lag thing happend on my G4P.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
had this issue with my moto g3 and my moto g4 plus. I'm thinking that it's unfortunately a glitchy app but not the device's fault. When it first happened on my g3, clearing the cache didn't work. After uninstalling and reinstalling, it did work, but it does it still every now and then then. Usually I'll just force stop it, and move on to other things, then when I come back to GPMusic later, it'll work again.
Doesn't happen frequently enough for me to give up on the service, but it's still a nag, especially coming over from Spotify where everything just worked fine. Hopefully they'll iron out that issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you saving to the internal or external storage? If it's external could it be the SD card? Not sure why it would cause a delay like that, but something to think about?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you saving to the internal or external storage? If it's external could it be the SD card? Not sure why it would cause a delay like that, but something to think about?
I had it setup on multiple devices on sd card and it was fine.