Moto G4 Charging Solution?

Ussel

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I have recently joined the Android family :) and have a Moto G4. However I only got the Micro USB cable with it. Can I use either the flat plug Apple charger or even the larger 10w IPad charger to charge my Moto or would you not recommend it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have recently joined the Android family :) and have a Moto G4. However I only got the Micro USB cable with it. Can I use either the flat plug Apple charger or even the larger 10w IPad charger to charge my Moto or would you not recommend it?
You can only charge the Moto G4 with the microusb cable. If you are referring to the actual brick that plugs into the wall, then I would only suggest using the included charge pack as it provides the Quick (Turbo) charge. If you use anything else it won’t allow Turbo charge to work and you could have issues.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No Apple chargers will work - wrong connectors. Any Micro USB charger will likely work but to get the fastest charging use one with Quick Charge 2.0 capability.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
You can only charge the Moto G4 with the microusb cable. If you are referring to the actual brick that plugs into the wall, then I would only suggest using the included charge pack as it provides the Quick (Turbo) charge. If you use anything else it won’t allow Turbo charge to work and you could have issues.
In the UK you don't get the fast charger with the G4, only the G4+.

I'm using a Samsung S6 fast charger, it works fine.