Facebook app help.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Mum was browsing Facebook fine on her new Moto G4 but she cleared the data & cache by accident & now we can't seem to log in at all no matter what we do. We have tried lots of different methods but can't seem to get in. We tried Facebook to send a code to log in but the code never arrives. What else can we do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens when she tries to log in -- does it give an error message, or does it ask for some kind of confirmation code? Does it give any other option to receive the confirmation code (like via a backup email, rather than text message)?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
There is no error code & no other way to send the confirmation code to another email. The only email on her account is her Gmail. She has 3 Facebook accounts but only uses one (need to delete the other two) but when we ask Facebook to send the code it never arrives. Sucks she can't remember her password. We click on forgot password & there's a way to get to her account by finding a friend so she types her email or phone number in & comes up with the wrong account so we click not me then it asks for a friend so type my name in then it brings up all 3 of her accounts we click on the right one & it says Facebook will send you a code to this email address but it never arrives. We have checked all of gmails folders for this code too but nothing.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No security question showed up. I've filled out the form & they emailed me saying what other info they needed so I gave that info to them but how long will it take to get a reply?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Had a reply this morning & managed to get into her account via the Facebook app. The correct account too. Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Did they have to do some sort of voodoo magic, or was there a setting that we missed?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
😄 voodoo magic love it. I dunno what Fecebook did but sent us a link to reset her password. Didn't miss any settings anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed