Help with Rooting Moto G 2nd Gen please

David Parga

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp 2.8.6.0 and fastbooted into recovery. I'm trying to sideload SuperSU but I cannot succesfully run any adb commands since booting to recovery the first time. It was fine before this but now my moto g 2014 has a ? and appears under other devices when in adb sideloader mode. Before the device was recognized as XT1072. Of course I cannot transfer files, I cannot run adb commands and I cannot boot the phone normally.

Moto G unkown device driver ID - USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

There is an option to reinstall the driver in device manager so I need to find and install this manually?

Also, when trying normal boot all I get is the warning bootloader screen. So I'm stuck only eing able to operate insde twrp. Is there a workaround?

Thanks

It is XT1072

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp 2.8.6.0 and fastbooted into recovery. I'm trying to sideload SuperSU but I cannot succesfully run any adb commands since booting to recovery the first time. It was fine before this but now my moto g 2014 has a ? and appears under other devices when in adb sideloader mode. Before the device was recognized as XT1072. Of course I cannot transfer files, I cannot run adb commands and I cannot boot the phone normally.

Moto G unkown device driver ID - USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002

There is an option to reinstall the driver in device manager so I need to find and install this manually?

Also, when trying normal boot all I get is the warning bootloader screen. So I'm stuck only eing able to operate insde twrp. Is there a workaround?

Thanks

It is XT1072

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried loading a Stock Rooted ROM on your SD card and flashing it through TWRP?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante