1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS Nikez Lente

Default Problem Parsing Package on Moto G

Anyone else with this problem? I can't seem to find a fix. Unknown sources is checked and using Solid Explorer. Tried downloading the APK through Dolphin Browser, Chrome and Dropbox, no go.

Anything specific to Motorola devices that I need to disable maybe?

Edit: Tried with three different APKs from different sources as well. APKs that work on my tablet or other phone just fine.

Default Re: Problem Parsing Package on Moto G

Hi, I have got the same problems as well but upload to Google drive or use adb install, they install fine..., however, not from 3rd party file managers...maybe Google changed something?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    ICS Nikez Lente

Glad it's not just me! I hope someone can shed some light on this.

hi guys i just joined this place because i am also having this issue but some guy on hotukdeals has come up with a solution to this and uploaded a utube video of it

so its becoming obvious this is a common issue too im still having trouble installin things like amazon app store which is very odd

i cant even install the apks from my old phone anyone know if theres been official word from motorola on this problem???

The video shows uploading apk to Google Drive will work which I already mentioned before, unfortunately I have tried everything, downloaded almost all 3rd party file managers so we will need to wait for Google...

same here iv tried everything possible and its becoming really annoying having to upload to google drive and i dont even know why they did it doesnt make sense to me anyway i hope you are right and google say something about this or fix it

Quote Originally Posted by xllusion View Post
    The video shows uploading apk to Google Drive will work which I already mentioned before, unfortunately I have tried everything, downloaded almost all 3rd party file managers so we will need to wait for Google...
    hi hope you dont mind me askin but what is adb install?? heard it mentioned a few times by you guys now. sorry bit of a noob with this stuff just want to be able to install things

Hi, adb is Android Debug Bridge, basically it is a command line tool (Need to have USB debug enabled and connected to computer with proper driver installed) that lets you communicate with an emulator instance or connected Android-powered device:

So you can install apk directly from PC using the command like: "adb install xxxx.apk".

okay i cant be bothered uploading apk files one by one to google drive just to install them its really annoying me. has nobody discovered why we cant just install apk files like we used to with one click from wherever it's stored or downloaded?

hey guys the guy who did the utube video says a factory reset will fix our parsing error problems im gonna give it a try now and ill let u all know if it works

wow a factory reset fixed my parse error problem now works brilliantly someone buy that guy who did the utube video a beer!

Hmm.., the first thing I did was factory reset when I found the problem but it didn't fix the parsing error for me...

Will try to reset again tomorrow.

I just tried factory reset, the problem still exists... btw, what file manager do you use?

I just tried 3rd time reset without any app updates first and magically apk install works now! Very strange~

im using file manager by rhythm software its basic but i like the user interface and im honestly glad people are solving their parsing error issues with the factory reset because this phone is basically a mini nexus and its wonderful to use now that theres no parse error

Hey all,

A user on a different forum replied that he was able to install apk-files as soon as he uploaded them to Google Drive.

Upload it. Once done, click on the file (in Google Drive) and it will donwload it for you and hopefully install as well.

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Summers View Post
    Hey all,

A user on a different forum replied that he was able to install apk-files as soon as he uploaded them to Google Drive.

Upload it. Once done, click on the file (in Google Drive) and it will donwload it for you and hopefully install as well.

Nicole
    yeh the user sir_didymus on hotukdeals is the one who came up with the solution and did the youtube video and he even came up with the factory reset fix which should permanently fix this parse error we get on the moto g. im just curious to know why a lot of people are having this parse error issue and others are not. very odd if you ask me.

anyone know if there's been official word from motorola on this problem?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Android Noob here with this same problem. How do you perform the factory reset and what exactly are you losing when this is done ?

BTW , long time user of BB here and I can only imagine the s***t storm this bug would have created if happened on BB.

Hi, after reading everything and 5 resets i have to say that the trick is -Not to connect to the wifi or google account after reset. That way the reset works, otherwise it doesn't

UPDATE. Ok my parsing error is now fixed

Just keep persisting with factory installs. I did as per user Mantsam, except I connected to wifi, then used chrome to install aptoide straight from internet, it suddenly worked on like the 8th factory reset and now I can install APKs without Google Drive. I regained control of my phone then disabled almost every google and google sync, and basically if it had google in the name app so they can't interfere with my life anymore.

To anyone else having problems you could also try what it states here

"Check you've enabled Unknown sources (settings>security>unknown sources)

If you did so, there are some workaround :
    At the phone first set-up (you may need to factory-reset to get that) - When Motorola assistant asks for data safety (just before the Google accounts question comes up), don't click accept, but tap on "data safety guidelines" and tick both settings to off. Then accept."

I was about to try this next but it finally worked. Lets hope the error does not come back eek

Fear not! You can the following (network access is NOT required):

Open Google Drive
    Select Upload
    Select any application to navigate(i use Astro)
    Select your .apk
    Now its shown at your Google Drive even though you haven't upload it
    Run it from there, it will install
    Remember to remove it afterwars if you do not want to upload it when you will connect to the network

No roots, no networks, party free
    cheers

I have found a webpage that deals with the result.
    Once I got the error removed. You can also refer

Try downloading via different browser, when I tried via Google chrome it failed when trying to install giving parsing error, yet if I did the same download via Firefox it installed no problem. HTH