- 1 Posts
US vs Global versions
Thanks in advance for any clarification to following question...
I am considering the G for use on T Mobile postpaid Simple Choice account which recently has allowed global text and data roaming and calls at 20 cents per minute on the same sim used when in US. I am a bit confused as to which version of the G to consider...US or Global. I do not plan on using any local sims when traveling abroad (outside US). I see only one difference in the band coverage between two models but it doesn't mean much to me!
Happy Holiday and thanks again..
- 11-28-2013, 01:02 PM #2
Re: US vs Global versions
The US version is lacking 2100mhz HSPA which is important if you want 3G service in almost all of Europe, Africa and many parts of Asia. It does support all 2G bands globally and since the free global roaming with T-Mobile is capped at 128kbps it might not make too much of a difference to you but just something you need to keep in mind if you'd ever want faster then 2G. The Global version has 2100mhz HSPA but is lacking AWS support which you'd want in the US for T-Mobile service unless you are only in areas T-Mobile has refarmed to include 1900mhz support which is included.
- By Christopher Admire in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 9Last Post: 12-03-2013, 12:52 AM
- By whitenack in forum Moto XReplies: 9Last Post: 11-29-2013, 09:23 AM
- By idolleon in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2013, 07:09 PM
- By Yourmum90 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 11-28-2013, 03:31 AM
- By TJH132 in forum Moto XReplies: 4Last Post: 11-27-2013, 01:30 PM