Moto G - Error while parsing the package

ds43

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I read the article on Android Central about free games this weekend from Amazon for thanks giving so first downloaded Amazon App. All ok. Then found the free games, tried to download one and it asks for you to download Amazon Appstore. Notification said it was downloaded. Then got an error message: 'Error while parsing the package'.

No idea what this means? :-[

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Try unchecking installation of android apps from unknown source, it's under Settings / Security...it's checked by default, uncheck and try again.

Hi,

I read the article on Android Central about free games this weekend from Amazon for thanks giving so first downloaded Amazon App. All ok. Then found the free games, tried to download one and it asks for you to download Amazon Appstore. Notification said it was downloaded. Then got an error message: 'Error while parsing the package'.

No idea what this means? :-[

ds43

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have found a way around it, not ideal but it works.
Install the app, then ignore the pasing message. goto 'downloads', and share the file with Google drive. This uploads it. Then go to Google drive, click on the file and download it. It then installs and runs ok!

What a pain. I wonder if there is a deliberate 'bug' to ensure it's easier to stay using google play? I must admit I do prefer to use google stuff but its good to not be completely tied in

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood