Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By tastisnax
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto g as a stop gap phone?

Right now I have a iPhone 5S. I got it under the ATT NEXT upgrade plan, and still need to pay off about 560 dollars on it.

I'm kinda regretting going away from a android phone and I'm trying to figure out what's a good course of action to get my android phone needs met, but doing it smart.

What I was thinking of doing was getting a Moto G 16gb model to use while still having the iPhone and still paying it off. Then, after the iPhones paid off, I would sell it on eBay and then get a nexus 5 or google play phone off contract to replace the G.

But is this just dumb ? Will I even like the moto G when I have a iphone that's going to be more recent spec wise?

What do you guys think? Can the moto G be good enough to use as a primary phone like that?

Default Re: Moto g as a stop gap phone?

I'd say you'd be happier with a MotoX than a MotoG. While the iPhone experience is the same whether you have an iPhone 4 or a 5S, you will notice a difference between the MotoG and the MotoX. I don't like iOS, but it's snappy, and the camera on the iPhone is one of the greatest mobile shooters out there, so those two things you will miss dearly if you get the MotoG.

Or, sell the iPhone right now, buy the Nexus you want (or a MotoX, still a good option) or another higher-end phone out there with that money, and finish paying off your debt...it'll be as if you financed yourself another phone.

OR if all you need is a little Android love but can live with your phone being iOS, get a Nexus 7!
    still1 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I'd say you'd be happier with a MotoX than a MotoG. While the iPhone experience is the same whether you have an iPhone 4 or a 5S, you will notice a difference between the MotoG and the MotoX. I don't like iOS, but it's snappy, and the camera on the iPhone is one of the greatest mobile shooters out there, so those two things you will miss dearly if you get the MotoG.

Or, sell the iPhone right now, buy the Nexus you want (or a MotoX, still a good option) or another higher-end phone out there with that money, and finish paying off your debt...it'll be as if you financed yourself another phone.

OR if all you need is a little Android love but can live with your phone being iOS, get a Nexus 7!
    We'll, I already have a nexus 7

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

To my knowledge, you don't actually get to keep the phones under the AT&T NEXT program. It's more like you're leasing the phone. I could be wrong. I'd say you should probably call AT&T customer service on this one. Are you within 14 days of your contract start date?

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post

I agree with SpookDroid Moto X is a good option especially in your case.

also Moto X now sells for $349 off contract.. you can sell your iPhone 5 right away and activate ur X
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I agree with SpookDroid Moto X is a good option especially in your case.

also Moto X now sells for $349 off contract.. you can sell your iPhone 5 right away and activate ur X
    The X was only 350 in very limited supplies. And that deal is no longer available.

I'll probably just save a bit more and get a 32gb nexus 5. I know I'll be happier with that phone overall.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tastisnax View Post
    To my knowledge, you don't actually get to keep the phones under the AT&T NEXT program. It's more like you're leasing the phone. I could be wrong. I'd say you should probably call AT&T customer service on this one. Are you within 14 days of your contract start date?

Posted via Android Central App
    Once you pay off the phone , it's yours to keep. It's only if you want to switch to another phone after a year and don't have the balance paid off do you have to trade in the phone for the new phone.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

I'd use the Moto G as a daily driver if AT&T and T-Mobile had decent coverage at work.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    The X was only 350 in very limited supplies. And that deal is no longer available.

I'll probably just save a bit more and get a 32gb nexus 5. I know I'll be happier with that phone overall.
    the codes are still availabe FREE Moto X Promo Code
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

I still prefer my Note 3... It's amazing how quickly you grow used to the big screen; now using an iPhone feels like holding a very small toy. Heck, even an S4 feels kinda small now! hehe