1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Moto G dead after a few days :(

Hi folks,
    I bought a Moto G for my wife off Amazon recently and she'd only had the phone a few days and this morning she unplugged it from the charger and it was dead - no way of powering it up. This is quite disappointing as it was stacking up to be quite a nice little phone.
    Anyone else had any issues?

cheers
    Baronne

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Moto G dead after a few days :(

Quote Originally Posted by Baronne Mouton View Post
    Hi folks,
    I bought a Moto G for my wife off Amazon recently and she'd only had the phone a few days and this morning she unplugged it from the charger and it was dead - no way of powering it up. This is quite disappointing as it was stacking up to be quite a nice little phone.
    Anyone else had any issues?

cheers
    Baronne
    Welcome to the forums. Have you contacted Motorola yet?

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC Forums app.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Cool Re: Moto G dead after a few days :(

Will it boot up when charger re connected?

No issues at all apart from the odd launcher crash that has been discussed in other threads, if it were a design problem then far more people would have posting about it by now...you must have just got a bad phone ?
    From my experience Amazon are really good with dealing with faulty items...and really quick.

Can you do the Volume Down + Power Button combination?

Was she using a Motorola power device?

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

try using different charger..and let the phone sit for about 10 minutes then try to turn it on. My Moto G, battery completely died. I plugged it into the charger and nothing happened. I tried several outlets and it still wouldn't charge. i then tried a different charger and it worked

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

I have tried several chargers, but I didn't have one to provide 2A, just 1A at maximum, and mine didn't wake up. So googling I found a hint to put the device in the freezer and it started to charge. I tried couple of times putting the phone for 3 minutes to "freeze" and wasn't working, so I increase the time, letting 6 and then 8 minutes and voilà, I got the charging screen.

I put the device over a towel when in the freezer, and after removing from there I cover all the device to decrease condensation.

It seems very weird, but I found several occurences on web telling to to this with dead notebook batteries, but putting the entire device on freezer seems to be more risky.
    Thanked by: