1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G MMS issues

I am having a few issues with MMS. I have turned on the Hangouts. I can get mms from some contacts but others I get a message asking me to touch to download. I tough it and nothing happens. I mean, it tries to load the message but nothing. I am using Straight Talk and I have typed in numerous APN codes and none seem to fix this issue. At this point, since the majority of my contacts can't respond via SMS or MSM to me but I can send to them, I am ready to go back to my old Iphone.
    Can anyone help? Did anyone resolve similar issues?
    USA
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto G MMS issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Chastain View Post
    I am having a few issues with MMS. I have turned on the Hangouts. I can get mms from some contacts but others I get a message asking me to touch to download. I tough it and nothing happens. I mean, it tries to load the message but nothing. I am using Straight Talk and I have typed in numerous APN codes and none seem to fix this issue. At this point, since the majority of my contacts can't respond via SMS or MSM to me but I can send to them, I am ready to go back to my old Iphone.
    USA
    Were you an iMessage user?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Moto G MMS issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Chastain View Post
    USA
    If you came from an iPhone, you likely still have iMessage enabled. Basically, if you ever use iMessage, your phone number gets registered with Apple and from then on anyone with an iPhone that tries to text you will have their message routed through iMessage. If you no longer have an iPhone, those messages just drop into nowhere (or wait for you to come back to an iPhone).

Here are instructions on what you need to do: