1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My MOTO G auto turn itself off when charging with apple wall charger

Last night, I used my iphone 5 wall charger to charge my new Moto G, however, while charging a few minutes , the phone turn itself off and stop charging. And this happened twice , right now I have to use my laptop to charge my Moto G, what was the wrong? My phone is brought from moto web site and is US model .

Cool Re: My MOTO G auto turn itself off when charging with apple wall charger

Probably the voltage or amps are wrong in the Apple charger. The Moto G requires no more than 5v so ensure the Apple charger does not give more / less than 5 V and is about 1Amp rated. Can buy Motorola mains chargers specifically for the Moto G to be safe quite cheaply.

Default Re: My MOTO G auto turn itself off when charging with apple wall charger

Idk about the iPhone 5, but my iPad air uses 5.2. It could very well be the charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: My MOTO G auto turn itself off when charging with apple wall charger

Quote Originally Posted by zqz51911 View Post
    Last night, I used my iphone 5 wall charger to charge my new Moto G, however, while charging a few minutes , the phone turn itself off and stop charging. And this happened twice , right now I have to use my laptop to charge my Moto G, what was the wrong? My phone is brought from moto web site and is US model .
    Hmmmm.....don't know the specs, but my Nexus 7 (2012) charger is charging the G I got my son for Christmas. I know it is 2mAh output but no clue on Volts....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by zqz51911 View Post
    I have the Verizon Moto G and everytime I plug it into the wall charger with the official charger it came with it automatically turns itself off and shows the charging screen. I have to manually turn it on after this.