1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any volume control app that distinguishes between ring and notification for Moto G???

My wife and I just got Moto G's.... and love them! We have a Nexus 7 and are retiring/selling a T-Mobile Prism and Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G. On all these other devices we use Volume Ace Free to create sound/vibrate profiles (night, day ring, vibrate, etc.) so that we can mute all notifications except call ring at night. On the Moto G, Volume Ace Free as well as several other apps I've tried tie together the volume control of the ring, notification, and system where every other device allowed individual adjustment. Has anyone found a suitable app for this functionality? I hope this isn't a hardware limitation of the Moto G!!!! I don't want to get hear email or facebook notifications but want to know if someone is calling because of an emergency or something.

Thanks,
    Chris

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default Re: Any volume control app that distinguishes between ring and notification for Moto G???

Quote Originally Posted by prskier17 View Post
    My wife and I just got Moto G's.... and love them! We have a Nexus 7 and are retiring/selling a T-Mobile Prism and Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G. On all these other devices we use Volume Ace Free to create sound/vibrate profiles (night, day ring, vibrate, etc.) so that we can mute all notifications except call ring at night. On the Moto G, Volume Ace Free as well as several other apps I've tried tie together the volume control of the ring, notification, and system where every other device allowed individual adjustment. Has anyone found a suitable app for this functionality? I hope this isn't a hardware limitation of the Moto G!!!! I don't want to get hear email or facebook notifications but want to know if someone is calling because of an emergency or something.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Well, not sure this solves the problem, but there is the "Assist" app on the Moto G that will silence your phone at night. The phone will ring if 1. you've selected that phone number as a favorite in your contacts list or 2. the number calls twice.