1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Moto G On AT&T

Anybody have the Moto G on AT&T?

I recently signed up for AT&T Go Phone and noticed I've only been getting 3G. I've been getting pretty good speeds but I expected at least HSPA+.

Anybody seeing HSPA+ via AT&T?

Default Re: Moto G On AT&T

In using Moto G on AT&T and I've only had 3G. Though, like you, I've also been getting great speeds.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm on ATT as well. It only shows 3g but it is on the HSPA+ band I believe. A while back ATT got in trouble for putting '4g' on phones that only supported HSPA+ so they had to make them say 3g

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffbear View Post
    I'm on ATT as well. It only shows 3g but it is on the HSPA+ band I believe. A while back ATT got in trouble for putting '4g' on phones that only supported HSPA+ so they had to make them say 3g

Do you have something to prove this?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

This isn't true because the AT&T Moto X shows the 4G icon when on HSPA or HSPA+
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zombienaut View Post
    In using Moto G on AT&T and I've only had 3G. Though, like you, I've also been getting great speeds.

Yep. I can't really complain but I was just curious that if there was a way to get HSPA+ on this phone through AT&T that I wouldn't mind getting even better speeds.

Yea I thought about this possibility also but I know I've seen in the past where phones on AT&T that were HSPA+ compatible had a "H" in the signal bar.

ROM
    Reborn & Quattrimus

Recent Carrier Updates to ST/Net10 on AT&T have changed the indicator on the screen to show 3G instead of 4G when in HSPA+. Could be the same for Go Phone also.

Discussed in detail here:

Quote Originally Posted by tdunn014 View Post
    This isn't true because the AT&T Moto X shows the 4G icon when on HSPA or HSPA+
    Yeah I knew I had read about that somewhere but I wasn't sure. I know I'm on hspa+ but I am still seeing 3g, same as the OP, so not sure

I was testing out my Nexus 5 on 4G rather than 4G LTE, and it showed H. I haven't put my SIM in my Lumia 520 GoPhone since I've received my Nexus 5, but at least until about the 1st week of November, it was showing 4G.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I had a Moto X that I just sold Thursday and it was still showing 4g when on HSPA and HSPA+ with my Go Phone SIM. Sounds like maybe just the MVNOs made the visual change.