1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Seem's alot of Moto G's suffer from backlight bleed.

I picked 2 Moto G's up from Tesco's one for myself which is the 8GB version for work as i have a Note 3, & one for the the other half for Christmas which is 16GB.

Both handset's suffer from backlight bleed mainly at the top left hand corner.

Seems a few other people also seem to be having this problem aswell, does anybody have a handset that doesn't suffer this.

Now it not bad enough to warrant a replacement on both devices, but I'm just wondering will it get any worst over time?, as I've unlocked them & put a stock UK firmware on them both.
    so taking them back to Tesco's could be abit of a problem.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Seem's alot of Moto G's suffer from backlight bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste Wilkins View Post
    I picked 2 Moto G's up from Tesco's one for myself which is the 8GB version for work as i have a Note 3, & one for the the other half for Christmas which is 16GB.

Both handset's suffer from backlight bleed mainly at the top left hand corner.

Seems a few other people also seem to be having this problem aswell, does anybody have a handset that doesn't suffer this.

Now it not bad enough to warrant a replacement on both devices, but I'm just wondering will it get any worst over time?, as I've unlocked them & put a stock UK firmware on them both.
    so taking them back to Tesco's could be abit of a problem.
    It's probably a defect. My Moto G looks good for now!
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Assuming you've bought it within the last 28 days then I would take it back.

If you bought it instore put the Tesco SIM back in and simply show them the fault: I very much doubt they will notice its unlocked let alone check for it. Maybe a bit more problematic if you bought it online as they are probably more likely to do a thorough check, but you've nothing to lose either way
    Putting out fire with gasoline

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzers View Post
    Assuming you've bought it within the last 28 days then I would take it back.

If you bought it instore put the Tesco SIM back in and simply show them the fault: I very much doubt they will notice its unlocked let alone check for it. Maybe a bit more problematic if you bought it online as they are probably more likely to do a thorough check, but you've nothing to lose either way
    Yep, they can either reject it or accept it.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Ste Wilkins View Post
    I've had my 8GB Moto G for almost five weeks now and the screen is perfect...no issues at all, bought from phones4u in the UK.
    Last edited by Harvinder Sunila; 12-25-2013 at 05:57 PM.