Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GadgetGator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto G - Start up Graphics

    After forgetting to plug my phone in, I restarted my phone this morning, & the Motorola startup animation was different, and Christmas themed! I like hidden little things like this, so was just wondering if anyone knew how often it changed, as I don't often turn my phone off.

    Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Start up Graphics

    I'm not sure but there was a thread on this in the Moto X forum. I guess it's a nice extra Motorola is doing.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Start up Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by smartiekins View Post
    After forgetting to plug my phone in, I restarted my phone this morning, & the Motorola startup animation was different, and Christmas themed! I like hidden little things like this, so was just wondering if anyone knew how often it changed, as I don't often turn my phone off.

    Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Hi smartiekins,

    There was an article about it here on androidcentral
    Basically the Christmas boot up runs until January the 6th, don't know if it then reverts back to the original boot up animation or if Motorola have a new one...I presume they added this feature so they could send you new ones for particular events, similar to
    What's slightly concerning is that they can change your boot up animation to show anything they want, when they want.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Start up Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Hi smartiekins,

    There was an article about it here on androidcentral
    Basically the Christmas boot up runs until January the 6th, don't know if it then reverts back to the original boot up animation or if Motorola have a new one...I presume they added this feature so they could send you new ones for particular events, similar to
    What's slightly concerning is that they can change your boot up animation to show anything they want, when they want.
    Why is that anymore concerning than anything else they do...

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Start up Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Why is that anymore concerning than anything else they do...

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    Hi,
    There are lots of concerns from a data protection and privacy pov about Google and Android, everyone has their own thoughts on how much data about themselves they want to give away. Personally I try and shut down as much as possible, gps, location, apps sending data back to the "source" etc...but as I said each to their own.
    There's nothing to stop Google changing your boot screen to an advert or a political mesage if they wanted, some people will care while others won't...what's next, ...oh, wait...lol.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Start up Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Hi,
    There are lots of concerns from a data protection and privacy pov about Google and Android, everyone has their own thoughts on how much data about themselves they want to give away. Personally I try and shut down as much as possible, gps, location, apps sending data back to the "source" etc...but as I said each to their own.
    There's nothing to stop Google changing your boot screen to an advert or a political mesage if they wanted, some people will care while others won't...what's next, ...oh, wait...lol.
    I understand. If they put anything other than a cute holiday boot animation it would be a lot worse. For now all they want is money, so I think we're safe, as much as 2013/2014 will allow anyway.

    Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Moto G - Start up Graphics

    If you are worried about privacy, then seriously in all honesty an Android phone probably isn't for you. Not with a search engine ad firm running the show.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Moto G - Increasing Volume with Music
    By malifact in forum Moto G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 08:15 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM
  3. What's with the RPC:S-3 Server error that's been coming up?
    By johnmcd348 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM
  4. Droid Maxx or Moto X?
    By cjohn4043 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM
  5. Brand New Tablet - Battery Playing Up
    By Sunny246 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

B