1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Ringtones For Moto G

Sorry I am newbe to Android and Smartphones, and have only had the 'phone a couple of days.

However, how do I get any new ringtone downloads to appear on the selection list on the Moto G Software?

Also, are there any specific requirements about the type of ringtones that I can add such as MP3's or Polyphonic etc?

Thanks

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Ringtones For Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by Jettgod View Post
    Sorry I am newbe to Android and Smartphones, and have only had the 'phone a couple of days.

However, how do I get any new ringtone downloads to appear on the selection list on the Moto G Software?

Also, are there any specific requirements about the type of ringtones that I can add such as MP3's or Polyphonic etc?

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums.
    Where are you getting your ringtones?
    I like Zedge, you can find it easily on Play, the ringtones are all proper types, wallpapers are really nice and a good selection of notification tones too.
    As for the type of file it needs to be, I think mp3, mp4, and WAV are the most common.

PS: Is that Clark Gable as your avatar?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Well the good news is you can make your own!

Use something like MP3 Cutter or Ringdroid from the Store and chop up some of your favourite tunes to get exactly what you want.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
    Putting out fire with gasoline

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I use audiko.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jettgod View Post

Thanks
    OK so, the first thing to do is to plug your phone into the computer. Now you need to create a few new folders:
    Internal storage - media - audio
    In the audio folder, create 'alarms' 'notifications' and 'ringtones'.
    Into those folders drop your custom files and they will be detected by the default programs.
    If any of them don't already exist, make them.

And I have been using mp3 files, and they work fine. Don't know about other file types though.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
    Tablets: too many for my signature to contain. Phone: Moto G

I am a newbie as well and I am not able to set a custom ringtone. I've tried all the suggestions circulating on various forums but with little success. Copying on media/ringtones doesn't work. Using ringdroid doesn't work either. The thing is that when I set up the ring tone for a specific contact my phone is not able to play it. It just stays mute while calling... Any thought/advice?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiaco View Post
    I am a newbie as well and I am not able to set a custom ringtone. I've tried all the suggestions circulating on various forums but with little success. Copying on media/ringtones doesn't work. Using ringdroid doesn't work either. The thing is that when I set up the ring tone for a specific contact my phone is not able to play it. It just stays mute while calling... Any thought/advice?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Okay this is how I set up a customised ringtone, and I don't connect my phone up to my PC as it's too much faff p****** about with files.

So the tracks I want to use for a ringtone will be ripped to either MP3 or AAC, then I upload them to Drive or Dropbox then download them to my phone. Now you can either cut the tracks down to how you want them on your PC before uploading them or, like me, use an app such as MP3 Cutter to leisurely play away doing it on your phone. Entirely up to you which option you prefer, but if you're wanting to do something like loops etc then it's probably far easier and less head banging doing it on the PC.

Install this , and when you come to "Select Ringtone" for whatever notification you're setting up use Tone Picker and select your customised track from there.
    Putting out fire with gasoline

i just used ES file Explorer.. just go into sound..phone ringtone...complete action using es file explorer. that shows all the mp3's you have stored on the phone.. choose one. finished.

i bought moto g android 4.4.2 new mobile 2 days back.i m not able to copy picture from one location to another location.anyone can help me.

Thanks

Many thanks. These precise instructions worked. I can't understand out how to do this with the Moto G manual. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kumar25 View Post
    i bought moto g android 4.4.2 new mobile 2 days back.i m not able to copy picture from one location to another location.anyone can help me.

Thanks
    Just plug it into your pc, you can move things around to your hearts content then.