1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default insufficient storage available error?

So I'm having an issue with my Moto G, when trying to install apps I get an "insufficient storage available" error despite the fact I have 500MB+ free and the apps I'm trying to install are all at most 50MB. After Google searching a lot I discovered it was a common problem among android phones with 4.2.2 and up (sidenote, my device is 4.3) and usually is related to the phone trying to install onto the internal memory before the external. Now the problem here is, the Moto G only has internal memory, so none of the fixes I've found such as changing the boot order round so that it installs to the external first, will help in my case.

I'm completely stumped and any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: insufficient storage available error?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeeOglee View Post
    So I'm having an issue with my Moto G, when trying to install apps I get an "insufficient storage available" error despite the fact I have 500MB+ free and the apps I'm trying to install are all at most 50MB. After Google searching a lot I discovered it was a common problem among android phones with 4.2.2 and up (sidenote, my device is 4.3) and usually is related to the phone trying to install onto the internal memory before the external. Now the problem here is, the Moto G only has internal memory, so none of the fixes I've found such as changing the boot order round so that it installs to the external first, will help in my case.

I'm completely stumped and any help would be appreciated!
    Android tries to keep at least 10% of memory free for the normal function of the device..

it went pass the threshold i believe
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Android tries to keep at least 10% of memory free for the normal function of the device..

it went pass the threshold i believe
    But the thing is, I tried uninstalling an app already on my phone and reinstalling it to confirm that theory, for this example Temple Run 2, and I couldn't reinstall it afterwards which makes me think that's not the case

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeeOglee View Post
    But the thing is, I tried uninstalling an app already on my phone and reinstalling it to confirm that theory, for this example Temple Run 2, and I couldn't reinstall it afterwards which makes me think that's not the case
    when was the last time you installed an app before this??

from that time to now you might have downloaded files,apps & OS might have used some space which would have exceeded the remaining quota...

uninstalling one app probably wouldnt have made it below the limit...

try removing music/video/doc files(to be safe about 150 mb at least) from G for time being and try again
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

have you checked the cache memory?
    in time, it starts to pill up and takes a lot of space...mine is prolly at 300Mb already!

that's why it's good to periodically clean it!

sent from my Moto G <3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    have you checked the cache memory?
    in time, it starts to pill up and takes a lot of space...mine is prolly at 300Mb already!

that's why it's good to periodically clean it!

sent from my Moto G <3
    I erased the cache multiple times, even have a handy little widget on one of my home screens now which erases it in one click!

I discovered the source of the problem though, it seems that what still1 suggested was true. I erased all my music entirely and was able to install apps again before putting most of my music back whilst giving the memory a little space to breath.

Thanks again to those who offered help!

This may help too.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3162198

But yes, you really have to limit media on phones without SD.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2