Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By Adam Tentis
  • 1 Post By bethereornot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Moto G at Best Buy!

Just found a moto g sitting in the vzw prepaid section at best buy. It was the 200 dollar 16 GB model. Does anyone know the difference between contract vzw and prepaid? The plan pricing was only 50 a month but on verizons site it starts at 60 which is kind of odd.

I'm thinking of trying to buy this for my mom as long as she can port in her number from straight talk.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Verizon Moto G at Best Buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Tentis View Post
    Just found a moto g sitting in the vzw prepaid section at best buy. It was the 200 dollar 16 GB model. Does anyone know the difference between contract vzw and prepaid? The plan pricing was only 50 a month but on verizons site it starts at 60 which is kind of odd.

I'm thinking of trying to buy this for my mom as long as she can port in her number from straight talk.
    Aside from carrier price hike, I would say nothing is different.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Wait, why do you want her to go from StraightTalk unlocked to Verizon locked and pay more money monthly?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Because she is straight talk locked. There is no gsm availability where she lives so she has to choose the crappy straight talk phones. She has a straight talk s1 right now and needs a new phone. Only decent option is an s3 for 400. No thanks

Because she is straight talk locked. There is no gsm availability where she lives so she has to choose the crappy straight talk phones. She has a straight talk s1 right now and needs a new phone. Only decent option is an s3 for 400. No thanks
    Get a Nexus 5 for $400.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Get a Nexus 5 for $400.

Nexus 5 doesn't work on Verizon

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Can the Best Buy phone be 'converted' over to regular Verizon post paid number. My cousin has a family plan on Verizon with his children/spouse and would like to buy the Moto G.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawnz View Post
    Nexus 5 doesn't work on Verizon

Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app
    It works on Straight Talk and is a great phone.

Can you afford a Nexus 5? It is a great phone and can be used on Straight Talk.

Can you afford a Nexus 5? It is a great phone and can be used on Straight Talk.

from what i understand OP dont want to spend $400... so this would be a good option.

@OP or you could buy GSM moto G for the same price
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    from what i understand OP dont want to spend $400... so this would be a good option.

@OP or you could buy GSM moto G for the same price
    Yes but it would be less expensive than Verizon. Over a two year contract they'd spend the $200 extra they'd spend on the N5, plus more. Cheaper to get the n5 and stick with Straight Talk plus no Verizon bloat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

According to OP there is no GSM (ATT or TMo) where the phone will be used. Most likely Sprint is also iffy so that leaves VZ and its prepaid options. N5 only works with Sprint for CDMA. Moto G is a great option for $50/month.

Quote Originally Posted by swebb View Post
    According to OP there is no GSM (ATT or TMo) where the phone will be used. Most likely Sprint is also iffy so that leaves VZ and its prepaid options. N5 only works with Sprint for CDMA. Moto G is a great option for $50/month.
    I can agree with that. I thought they wanted to switch because of the "crappy Straight Talk phones".

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I can agree with that. I thought they wanted to switch because of the "crappy Straight Talk phones".

Yeah I mentioned in another post that there's no gsm availability. Huge bummer. I'd give my mom my nexus 5 in a heart beat if she could activate it with straight talk. You can only use their phones when you are using Verizon's towers and not a ATT/TMobile Sim.

Anyway, she went back out to bb to buy the moto and they wouldn't sell it to her. Official release is January 9th.
    Thanked by 2:
    mrsmumblesRy 
    Ry likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Nice. Looks like they popped early.

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Yeah I mentioned in another post that there's no gsm availability. Huge bummer. I'd give my mom my nexus 5 in a heart beat if she could activate it with straight talk. You can only use their phones when you are using Verizon's towers and not a ATT/TMobile Sim.

Anyway, she went back out to bb to buy the moto and they wouldn't sell it to her. Official release is January 9th.
    ahh... looks like you have to wait for few more days
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Boo. Wanted to check one out.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Ohh, OK. I hope the g works out well once you can get it. :thumbup:

I switched from Straight Talk to Vzw just to get this phone. The specs are awesome and if you get your prepaid card from Walmart, you can choose unlimited talk and text starting at $45- but that one only gives you 500mb of data. But I checked my phone ask month and between using wifi most of the time I was only averageing 150mb of use but just to be safe I bought the $50 card with 1gb of data. Super fast phone and it has the specs of a $400 phone.

I've had my Moto G for 2 weeks. Great phone. Mines Verizon $45 and no complaints here.