Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hawnz
  • 1 Post By tdizzel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?



    Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?-fn1kmyp.jpg

    josue joseph 10:55 AM

    I'm not sure what the street date is on it yet can't sell it yet but It looks like it's going for $100
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  2. #2  
    pirarre's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    I highly doubt the phone will sale for $100 especially on Verizon.

    sent from my Powerful Moto G


    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    I highly doubt the phone will sale for $100 especially on Verizon.

    sent from my Powerful Moto G
    Actually - I wouldn't doubt a $100 price. On Verizon prepaid, these are the smartphones it'll be up against -


    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Galaxy Legend No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
    Sale: $89.99
    Reg. Price: $99.99

    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum
    Sale: $39.99
    Reg. Price: $69.99

    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - LG Optimus Exceed No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
    $99.99
    Original Price: $129.99
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  4. #4  
    pirarre's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Actually - I wouldn't doubt a $100 price. On Verizon prepaid, these are the smartphones it'll be up against -


    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Galaxy Legend No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
    Sale: $89.99
    Reg. Price: $99.99

    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - Samsung Illusion No-Contract Mobile Phone - Platinum
    Sale: $39.99
    Reg. Price: $69.99

    Verizon Wireless Prepaid - LG Optimus Exceed No-Contract Cell Phone - Black
    $99.99
    Original Price: $129.99
    I doubt it because Motorola sales it $179 or $199...off contract. I don't see why Verizon would sale it for cheaper than Motorola....and not a few bucks cheaper but $100 cheaper.

    I'll believe it when I actually see it..but what you're saying is only speculation based on other prepaid devices that Verizon has sold, which is cool.

    I just don't see or understand Motorola reasoning if they did sale it for $100. In fact if they did, I'm sure there would be a lot of gsm customers pissed off and asking to be refunded $100.

    Also the devices you listed is nowhere near the status of the Moto G. So the pricing for those devices could be fair. Which is why they're priced low like that.

    sent from my Powerful Moto G


    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    I doubt it because Motorola sales it $179 or $199...off contract. I don't see why Verizon would sale it for cheaper than Motorola....and not a few bucks cheaper but $100 cheaper.

    I'll believe it when I actually see it..but what you're saying is only speculation based on other prepaid devices that Verizon has sold, which is cool.

    I just don't see or understand Motorola reasoning if they did sale it for $100. In fact if they did, I'm sure there would be a lot of gsm customers pissed off and asking to be refunded $100.

    Also the devices you listed is nowhere near the status of the Moto G. So the pricing for those devices could be fair. Which is why they're priced low like that.

    sent from my Powerful Moto G
    The $100 could be a Best Buy sale price.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. #6  
    pirarre's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The $100 could be a Best Buy sale price.
    I'll just wait and see... ... Just saying

    Nothing against you

    sent from my Powerful Moto G


    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    I'll just wait and see... ... Just saying

    Nothing against you

    sent from my Powerful Moto G
    I'm just going by what the original leaker said.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  8. #8  
    pirarre's Avatar

    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'm just going by what the original leaker said.
    Oh ok...gotcha

    sent from my Powerful Moto G


    Current Device:
    16GB Moto G
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The $100 could be a Best Buy sale price.
    I think Verizon is taking a loss on the G to compete against other cheap phones. its not like you can buy this phone and use it with other carriers.
    They know that they can make the money back in just 2 months... If you think about it its a good thing for motorola
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I think Verizon is taking a loss on the G to compete against other cheap phones. its not like you can buy this phone and use it with other carriers.
    They know that they can make the money back in just 2 months... If you think about it its a good thing for motorola
    Yep.

    This is going to be a CDMA/1xRTT-only device pretty much locked to Verizon (and Page Plus?). It's not going to have any sort of GSM on it.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. #11  
    Hawnz's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Just went to Best Buy. They have them on the floor. Took one to the register, but they couldn't find a price.

    In another thread, someone says sales start January 9.

    Sent from my XT1034 using AC Forums mobile app
    kcerica likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    I'm most excited about the easy open back. I wish more packages had those.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    Thanked by:
    DayThyme likes this.
  13. #13  
    Jowiso's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Yep.

    This is going to be a CDMA/1xRTT-only device pretty much locked to Verizon (and Page Plus?). It's not going to have any sort of GSM on it.
    I'm interested in getting this for my girlfriend. She's on Verizon, but on a normal contract right now. Her phone was dropped and shattered, so she needs a new one off contract. Can I actually go to the store, buy this for $100, then she can activate it on her current contract plan? Or is this strictly a phone for no contract plans?

    Also - will this only have 3G for Verizon? Thanks!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Its not at all uncommon for carriers to take little bit of a loss on hardware, especially on pre-paid. Prepaid is one of the biggest money makers ever.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    More to backup the $100 price:
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jowiso View Post
    I'm interested in getting this for my girlfriend. She's on Verizon, but on a normal contract right now. Her phone was dropped and shattered, so she needs a new one off contract. Can I actually go to the store, buy this for $100, then she can activate it on her current contract plan? Or is this strictly a phone for no contract plans?

    Also - will this only have 3G for Verizon? Thanks!
    It will only have 1xRTT and EVDO (3G) on Verizon.

    IIRC, you can't buy and Verizon prepaid phone and use it on a post-paid line immediately. You used to be able too wayyyy back in the day - I did it when I went from a Motorola E815 to a RAZR V3c (model was actually V3cpp). I'm reading that it has to be activated for six months on prepaid in order to use it on post-paid.
    Last edited by Ry; 12-31-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Was at Best Buy yesterday, they had the VZW Moto G out with a price tag of $99.99. Almost got one, but as I also ordered a Nexus 5 yesterday, I couldn't really afford it.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed_Angel View Post
    Was at Best Buy yesterday, they had the VZW Moto G out with a price tag of $99.99. Almost got one, but as I also ordered a Nexus 5 yesterday, I couldn't really afford it.
    Apparently there's a note not to sell it until the 9th.
    Last edited by Ry; 12-31-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  19. #19  
    raiderep's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    I'm most excited about the easy open back. I wish more packages had those.
    Couldn't agree more. The state of packaging these days is really at an all time low
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    I doubt it because Motorola sales it $179 or $199...off contract. I don't see why Verizon would sale it for cheaper than Motorola....and not a few bucks cheaper but $100 cheaper.
    Because Verizon won't let you use a prepaid phone on their postpaid accounts until it has been in use on their prepaid plan for at least 6 months of continuous use, which means spending a minimum of $75. So really, if you want the phone to be able to use it on your postpaid account, it will cost you $175 AND you have to wait 6 months to use it, so you only save $4 but that $4 savings comes at the cost of waiting 6 months to use it on a post paid account.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    Because Verizon won't let you use a prepaid phone on their postpaid accounts until it has been in use on their prepaid plan for at least 6 months of continuous use, which means spending a minimum of $75. So really, if you want the phone to be able to use it on your postpaid account, it will cost you $175 AND you have to wait 6 months to use it, so you only save $4 but that $4 savings comes at the cost of waiting 6 months to use it on a post paid account.
    On the other hand, after using it on prepaid for a while, you might decide it's not worth spending more money to get less by switching to postpaid.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,199 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    What happens if you port your Verizon prepaid line to a Verizon postpaid line? Can the prepaid phone not come along (if it hasn't been six months on Verizon prepaid)?

    I think I'm gonna pick up a Verizon Moto G anyway. It comes with 50GB of Google Drive space (for two years?).

    Note: 100GB per month is $4.99.

    Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  23. #23  
    brad4560's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    very tempted to get one of these babies on friday.. looks like a solid phone! anyone have comments on drawbacks? i am on a samsung galaxy amp on aio wireless right now, going to verizon prepaid will be the same price monthly.
    Brad

    New HTC One M8 on Verizon!!
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brad4560 View Post
    very tempted to get one of these babies on friday.. looks like a solid phone! anyone have comments on drawbacks? i am on a samsung galaxy amp on aio wireless right now, going to verizon prepaid will be the same price monthly.
    The only drawback is the Verizon network. It's super slow compared to T-Mobile, but if that doesn't bother you, if jump on this with a quickness.

    Actually, didn't hear anything about being able to unlock the bootloader, also may not affect you, but I'm loving some of the xposed stuff.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Verizon Moto G, Best Buy leak?

    Quote Originally Posted by brad4560 View Post
    going to verizon prepaid will be the same price monthly.
    verizon's 3G network is very slow.

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Galaxy S4 still worth buying?
    By rockitdog23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 12:36 AM
  2. Win 1 of 3 Moto Gs from Android Central!
    By Andrew Martonik in forum Moto G
    Replies: 3304
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 10:55 PM
  3. Be Very Careful buying a phone from Very
    By frednoyb in forum Moto G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  4. Possible new OTA for verizon
    By mawells787 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B