Moto G: 2 problems - Speaker while on call, WiFi network speed?

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
hey all I have had 2 issues on my phone wondering if anyone else had these issues....ok number 1 is while im on the phone I like to use the speaker...its not working,but the speaker works very well on videos and stuff....anyone? and number 2 while I do a speed test I get about 5 to 7 mbps on 3g and on wifi I get about 2 mbps. my wifi at home is at 30 mbps so I was wondering why its so slow on wifi? any help or input would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: 2 problems on the G

No idea on the speaker but the limit on WiFi might be more to do with your router and/or settings within. A buddy of mine just returned a router bc its was rated at 54mb wifi but in small print the per connection limit was 1mb.

protrader71

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2 problems on the G

Hello, I just starting having issues with my speaker on my new MOTO G as well. The speakerphone when making calls is no longer functioning like it was. Previously it would be "loud" (almost too loud at times) ... and now I have to almost hold my phone up to my ear in order to hear the person I'm talking to WHILE on speakerphone. The speaker works fine when playing video or anything else. The problem seems to only occur when using the speakerphone function during a call. Anyone else having this issue ... any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also thanks for mentioning the WiFi being slow...I will check my router, I noticed mine has had the same issues.

Carm38

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone I just started having an issue with the Moto G after a couple of weeks...of buying it! Now when I am on the phone my speaker phone constantly come on like every couple of seconds and I have to take the phone from my ear to turn speaker off. Is anyone having a issue like this while on the phone????

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
hey all I have had 2 issues on my phone wondering if anyone else had these issues....ok number 1 is while im on the phone I like to use the speaker...its not working,but the speaker works very well on videos and stuff....anyone? and number 2 while I do a speed test I get about 5 to 7 mbps on 3g and on wifi I get about 2 mbps. my wifi at home is at 30 mbps so I was wondering why its so slow on wifi? any help or input would be great.

hi droidweasel..i saw wifi issue in my set too as your explaining and got the device replaced but still the same..but the good news is that in moto g the wifi signal strength shows less although you will be getting good download and browsing speeds..i noticed this thing in many sony handsets too..so there's nothing to worry about that..about the speaker thing ..i am not facing any issue..may be u can try clearing the cache partition or factory data reset..that surely wil help...u can google it how to do that..it is the soln for most of the problems

Tobias Kienzle

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone I just started having an issue with the Moto G after a couple of weeks...of buying it! Now when I am on the phone my speaker phone constantly come on like every couple of seconds and I have to take the phone from my ear to turn speaker off. Is anyone having a issue like this while on the phone????

I'm currently have the same issue with a moto G (1st Gen.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc