Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kitkat update for europe

Hello I live in holland and I was wondering when the kitkat update will arrive over here. It is simlock free device.

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Re: Kitkat update for europe

Motorola say UK will get it sometime in January but not sure about Holland maybe same. But don't hold your breath.

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Kitkat update for europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kasem Fazal Mohammed View Post
    Hello I live in holland and I was wondering when the kitkat update will arrive over here. It is simlock free device.

Posted via Android Central App
    I don't think the Moto G was released in Europe. The update might be sent to the device based on region and it would detect you are not in the official region.

Cool Re: Kitkat update for europe

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I don't think the Moto G was released in Europe. The update might be sent to the device based on region and it would detect you are not in the official region.
    The Moto G was released in December in England (for once before the USA and I got mine 9th December) which is part of Europe so should get Kit Kat same as when Motorola claimed, January.
    I think it was the Moto X that was not released in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoClive View Post
    The Moto G was released in December in England
    Hi MotoClive,
    It wasn't just "England" it was released in November in the whole of the UK, lol...although in nine months Scotland may have voted to leave the the union.

Global Posts
    7,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Hi MotoClive,
    It wasn't just "England" it was released in November in the whole of the UK, lol...although in nine months Scotland may have voted to leave the the union.
    According to the Android Central Blog it is/will be released in "parts of Europe": Motorola officially announces the Moto G! | Android Central

That clears up the Europe part of it. Now which carriers/regions I'm not sure specifically. But if you have the Moto G in Europe and its not received 4.4 then I would imagine its only a matter of time before it gets it. Moto made it very clear that the device will be updated in short order and the latest few updates to other devices have been great. Hopefully you don't wait much longer before receiving the update.

The European KitKat OTA has been announced on the Motorola UK support site since 28/12/13 - https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...p/30,6720,9050. Haven't seen any reports of peeps actually getting it yet though on XDA/Modaco etc.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harvinder Sunila View Post
    Hi MotoClive,
    although in nine months Scotland may have voted to leave the the union.
    Well they're already part of a third world country so God knows where they'll be if they do leave!!
    Putting out fire with gasoline