Moto G: Antenna position - signal issues when holding phone
I am having problems with phone signal. I checked O2 coverage checker I am in a good zone.
At the moment I am connected to WiFi and the mobile signal is at 2 bars. However, as soon as I put down my phone I get full bars. But as soon as I pick up my phone it drops. I usually hold my phone with 2 hands (typing position)
However, when I enable mobile data my mobile bars go up to 3 and get 5mbps download.
Could it be because its relying on WiFi ?
Would a hard case help with the signal? I am thinking of buying of a Ronnie slim case for the moto g.
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-25-2014 at 12:43 PM.
- 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM #3
- 01-05-2014, 01:24 PM #4
- 01-05-2014, 05:44 PM #6
- 01-25-2014, 05:18 PM #8
- 01-26-2014, 02:34 AM #9
- 87 Posts
Re: Moto G: Antenna position - signal issues when holding phone
This happens with me as well. This is normal, there is nothing to worry about here at all. I believe the position of the antenna is towards the bottom of the phone, thats my own humble opinion though, so don't quote me on that. There are places where if I put it in my lap and cover it on the bottom part with my palm, signals go altogether.
Signal strength depends ona lot of things. I find 2G signals work better, at least in my area.
- 01-26-2014, 12:10 PM #10
- 207 Posts
Re: Antenna posisition.
- 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM #11
- By crackbaby001 in forum LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
- By TomW093 in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2013, 10:54 PM
- By AlanPent in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 5Last Post: 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM
- By npharper in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2013, 08:56 PM
- By Snareman in forum LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-11-2013, 01:50 PM