Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 2 Post By nessinhaw
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G sold more than 1 Million units

Update: Just 20 days after it hit 500k its now at > 1 million

Motorola FM radio is exclusive to Moto G and looking at the install numbers its 500,000 -1 million

install numbers in playstore is much less than the actual sales but play store will give you a rough estimate
    Last edited by still1; 01-27-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    13,973 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Moto G sold more than 500 K units

Glad it is doing reasonably well.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Glad to get some general numbers. I was hoping this phone would sell well to give Motorola a reason to make a new one next year. I love this phone but am already interested to see what it could be with some advancements
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update: Just 20 days after it hit 500k its now at >1 million
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,232 Global Posts

Sweet.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

awesome!! I've had mine and I am still so happy about buying it! Motorola has a great thing here!
    Brad

New HTC One M8 on Verizon!!

Once sales start to taper off, it will be interesting what Motorola does. They might try different colors. Also, a new model which could be with more features. I'm sure they have a strategy already mapped out.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    Once sales start to taper off, it will be interesting what Motorola does. They might try different colors. Also, a new model which could be with more features. I'm sure they have a strategy already mapped out.
    thats when they lower the price when they reduce the manufacturing cost.

and there is huge market for Moto G in the developing countries where people want a cheap phone which dont suck

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post

and there is huge market for Moto G in the developing countries where people want a cheap phone which dont suck
    which is the case of my country, Brazil!
    the Moto G is a big hit here! a true success XD

and i'm not sure everyone knows Moto G launch party was here too, in Sao Paulo and that it was also first available here in Brazil!

we have two special editions: Colors (you get 3 colorful covers) and Music (you get a Sol Republic wireless headphone)! aaand the normal single-sim (which is only sold in 8Gb version) and dual-sim (which is sold in both 8Gb and 16Gb and also is the version that comes with either Colors or Music)

sent from my Moto G
    Thanked by:
    allm42 
    bigdaddytee and still1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post

This would worry me. I would suspect that the Motorola engineers didn't leave a lot of "meat on the bones" that could be removed to lower costs without seriously impacting the performance of this phone. Yes, you could replace the glass with a cheap plastic, you could replace the quadcore processor with a cheaper, low performing microprocessor, you could cut the memory in half, and you could move the manufacturing location. In the end, do you have a phone that same phone? Of course not and you may have moved yourself out of the sales niche that made you successful.

I would hope if Motorola wants to compete in a new market segment, they should not screw up the "G" but come out with a different model.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    This would worry me. I would suspect that the Motorola engineers didn't leave a lot of "meat on the bones" that could be removed to lower costs without seriously impacting the performance of this phone. Yes, you could replace the glass with a cheap plastic, you could replace the quadcore processor with a cheaper, low performing microprocessor, you could cut the memory in half, and you could move the manufacturing location. In the end, do you have a phone that same phone? Of course not and you may have moved yourself out of the sales niche that made you successful.

I would hope if Motorola wants to compete in a new market segment, they should not screw up the "G" but come out with a different model.
    when they reduce manufacturing cost it doesnt mean they replace the device with lower spec components.
    when any product sell more the vendors will reduce the price and if they make enough device the manufacturing cost goes down as well

lets say cost to make 1 device is 500k but cost to make 10 would only be 600k and as the number goes up the cost sharing goes down as well.

Default Re: Moto G sold more than 1 Million units

That's True!!! I got mine on the first week it was launched on the online Motorola store. It took four days to reach my address. Also , It got kit kat Last February 14. I have the Colors Edition. Only Wish they had subbed the yellow back case for the navy blue.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Moto G sold more than 1 Million units

Not surprised this is selling well. Its a nice capable phone for a very reasonable price.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador