Is the Moto G worth it vs used iPhone 4S?

Bob Kazamakis

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is the Moto G worth it vs iPhone 4s (used)

The KitKat update really improved the camera on the moto g. With jellybean it was a terrible camera with horrible noise but the improvement with the upgrade sorts out any earlier problems.
The 4s is a lovely phone but definitely coming to the end of its life. Apple will make it obsolete as soon as they have new hardware & no use for this older hardware. I've used apple products since the 70's and have a great deal of respect for them as a company but in recent years you definitely get the feeling that they are working on a style over function policy whereas android has come into its own. Android has finally grown up & in my opinion at present has the edge.
Regardless of price the moto g is the better phone. Would you want to buy a product coming near the end of its life or something new & fresh with a good future ahead of it.
Go for the moto g you really won't be disappointed. When you look at your phone in a years time you'll be glad you did.
I've had over 30 phones in the last 5 years & the moto g is the first handset I love in a long long time. If you want the shiny shiny the 4c is still a lovely phone but you could do so much better & you will be glad you did.

Gorgeous screen.

Kashan Osama

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

The KitKat update really improved the camera on the moto g. With jellybean it was a terrible camera with horrible noise but the improvement with the upgrade sorts out any earlier problems.
The 4s is a lovely phone but definitely coming to the end of its life. Apple will make it obsolete as soon as they have new hardware & no use for this older hardware. I've used apple products since the 70's and have a great deal of respect for them as a company but in recent years you definitely get the feeling that they are working on a style over function policy whereas android has come into its own. Android has finally grown up & in my opinion at present has the edge.
Regardless of price the moto g is the better phone. Would you want to buy a product coming near the end of its life or something new & fresh with a good future ahead of it.
Go for the moto g you really won't be disappointed. When you look at your phone in a years time you'll be glad you did.
I've had over 30 phones in the last 5 years & the moto g is the first handset I love in a long long time. If you want the shiny shiny the 4c is still a lovely phone but you could do so much better & you will be glad you did.

Gorgeous screen.

Thank you very much:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Honestly in your case go with the moto g.
It has a bigger screen that is equally sharp as the retina.. Ive owned both and imo, moto g is faster. The 4s you will be stuck on ios 6 unless you update to 7 which is laggy on 4s. Meanwhile on moto g youre on 4.4 the latest version, and youll get updates for a year or yr and a half. Also youd be getting a new device and you have warranty, whereas you dont know what kind of issues could come up with a used device.

Pros for Moto G: faster, more ram, bigger sharp screen, better screen protection (gorilla glass 3), new with warranty, great battery life

The 4s is a solid phone if you want ios but cant afford 5 or 5c/5s..

Pros for 4S: better camera.
The camera on moto g is good enough for instagram and sharing pics, not that much worse than the 4s..

It really comes down to what OS you prefer.. IOS or android?

Also consider youre on 2G and ios apps are much heavier than android.. Idk about where you live but testing my 4s and moto g in various places over time i found 2G is faster on the moto g.

Posted via Android Central App

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Well iphone 4s is just better!

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

When you get 4s you get a brand, but you nor a warranty nor Cust support. You will probably not be able to get a better OS as well. 4s also has slower CPU and a not so good GPU. The screen is also way smaller. If you are alright with that than OK. So at the end as I told in the beginning with the iPhone you will only buy a brand but in every other regard a not so good phone. I am only not sure about the camera. Oh. The 4s has better camera. But it is also not as durable as the moto g. Moto g is way tougher as a phone - less chance to break.

Kashan Osama

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Honestly in your case go with the moto g.
It has a bigger screen that is equally sharp as the retina.. Ive owned both and imo, moto g is faster. The 4s you will be stuck on ios 6 unless you update to 7 which is laggy on 4s. Meanwhile on moto g youre on 4.4 the latest version, and youll get updates for a year or yr and a half. Also youd be getting a new device and you have warranty, whereas you dont know what kind of issues could come up with a used device.

Pros for Moto G: faster, more ram, bigger sharp screen, better screen protection (gorilla glass 3), new with warranty, great battery life

The 4s is a solid phone if you want ios but cant afford 5 or 5c/5s..

Pros for 4S: better camera.
The camera on moto g is good enough for instagram and sharing pics, not that much worse than the 4s..

It really comes down to what OS you prefer.. IOS or android?

Also consider youre on 2G and ios apps are much heavier than android.. Idk about where you live but testing my 4s and moto g in various places over time i found 2G is faster on the moto g.

Well iphone 4s is just better!

When you get 4s you get a brand, but you nor a warranty nor Cust support. You will probably not be able to get a better OS as well. 4s also has slower CPU and a not so good GPU. The screen is also way smaller. If you are alright with that than OK. So at the end as I told in the beginning with the iPhone you will only buy a brand but in every other regard a not so good phone. I am only not sure about the camera. Oh. The 4s has better camera. But it is also not as durable as the moto g. Moto g is way tougher as a phone - less chance to break.

Thankyou very much..for the time being i am considering OPTIMUS G as a viable replacement IF,IF they release kitkat for it

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Thankyou very much..for the time being i am considering OPTIMUS G as a viable replacement IF,IF they release kitkat for it

Go for it ! Monster phone

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

3 months old thread. Can I get in on this?

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Nice. I went with the moto g myself. I bought the 4s first and loved it but it was a bit too heavy and I was unable to remove the carrier lock (Sprint). So it was either have a $200 iPod or sell it and buy a $300 16gb moto g.(amazon.co.uk prices) Both are really nice but the added ability to make phone calls(unlocked vs locked) tipped the scales in favor of the moto g.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci