Moto G My Phone Number in About Phone Incorrect

mjc1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have purchased a New Moto G but transfered my old phone number across but kept the new sim.(All done via Tesco Customer Care)

Therefore under Status - My Phone number shows as the one that came with the phone.

Can it be made to show my new Phone Number

Thanks

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a New Moto G but transfered my old phone number across but kept the new sim.(All done via Tesco Customer Care)

Therefore under Status - My Phone number shows as the one that came with the phone.

Can it be made to show my new Phone Number

Thanks
Hi mjc1216,

Mine was like that too even though I took my sim from my old phone and put it into the new Moto G...then after a few weeks I noticed it had changed to the correct number by itself. Not sure if it was an update from my phone company EE/Orange or what...I wouldn't worry about it.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same situation here. It shouldn't cause any problems and may well update itself at some point. If not and you know someone willing to lend you a Blackberry handset for 5 minutes, Blackberry's include a sim editor which you can use to manually correct it (You'll need to put your Moto G Sim into the Blackberry temporarily to do this).

Nicole Summers

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
That usually happens when an old number is transferred. The phone only reads from the SIM card where the number is stored. If the number on the SIM has not been updated then the phone will either show the old number or <invalid>.

The phone manufacturer can't really do anything here, but maybe the store can?

Cheers,
Nicole

mcheley

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all I had the same problem after having my number ported after a lot of searching I found out the following
1) you normally cant change the sim phone number on a android phone
2) you can on a blackberry = did not have access to one to check if poss
3) you can on ios = again could not check
4) you can on some old none android phones I had a old Samsung d900 and I put my sim in and changed it (settings/own number/edit)
Hope this helps = from what I read the fact that the sim number is wrong/no existent does not give any probs at all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon