1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G: flip case for left handed people?

Every flip case seems to be right right handed people, anyone found one for us lefties? ones that flip up top or bottom dont cut it.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-20-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: flip case for left handed people?

Both my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law are both lefties. One thing they know (and have heard often) is that lefties get the short end of the stick, in many areas Sadly, this appears to be the case But if you look at it from a manufacturing standpoint... not everyone is going to buy a MotoG. Of those that do, not everyone will buy a flip case. Of those that do (or would), how many are lefties? Not that many if you look big picture. Then add in the leftie flip case in all the colors yet too... The cost of the "leftie" cases would either be dramatically higher because they cost more to manufacture at a lower volume of units, or the prices of MotoG accessories would have to be higher across the board to cover the cost of the leftie cases.

Either way, the cost of the case will rise, and the MotoG is supposed to remain as cheap as possible (and the same holds true for the accessories). Adding costs for a few leftie cases that may or may not sell well just doesn't make good economic sense -- and like it or not, Moto is there to take your money and put it in their bank account. The less it costs them to have more of your dollars the happier they are. Any business is like that.

But like I said at the start, lefties get the short end of the stick... not only are they statistically more accident prone, but they also statistically have shorter lifespans as well. Nevermind the awkwardness of using poorly designed lefty stuff, adapting to right-hand products, or simply just making-do.

Sucks, but there it is....
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Been poking around a little too. Like anything else leftie, not much comes up.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

another thing, if you use the phone in horizontal, the back button and menu bottons go on the right hand side, quite obviously as its expecting a right handed person is holding it with his right hand!

Quote Originally Posted by shmotog View Post
    another thing, if you use the phone in horizontal, the back button and menu bottons go on the right hand side, quite obviously as its expecting a right handed person is holding it with his right hand!
    I'm right handed but only ever hold my phone with my left hand. Am I weird?

I do this as I tend to be doing other things while on the phone and obviously do these with my right hand. Same with texting, hold phone in left and type with right

It is annoying that, so often, things are designed for right-handers even when they really don't need to be. Would it take so much effort to give us a setting to put the basic Android controls on the left side when the phone's horizontal? Having said that, I generally don't find the design of the flip case to be a problem.I don't use my thumb very much and generally hold the phone (or tablet) in my right hand and poke/slide with my left index finger.

Graham