Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Will there ever come an cyanogenmod or any other easy root program for the moto g? Im new to android but my friends have a rootes htc and samsung thats why im wondering if there will be one for the moto g.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Not sure if i can post the link here, but CM has been on XDA for a while. Along with a lot of other roms, too
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Oh thanks will take a look at it 😀

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Its not official, though. tried using it today and couldn't stand the little bugs.
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasem Fazal Mohammed View Post
    Will there ever come an cyanogenmod or any other easy root program for the moto g? Im new to android but my friends have a rootes htc and samsung thats why im wondering if there will be one for the moto g.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  6. #6  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has

    Posted via Android Central App
    +1 flashing ROM on G is pointless. Its much more close to Stock Android even compared to the X
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  7. #7  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has

    Posted via Android Central App
    Changing the 3G Icon to properly show H+, Using Xposed Framework with XVoice+ (route all SMS through Google Voice so I can use Hangouts), Youtube AdAway (removes Ads before vids), MotoGuide (adds Charging LED so I know if my jank charger is working), Gravity Box (customize lockscreen, homescreen, status bar, and other things),

    When you root, an entire world of customization is opened up to you. you can change literally everything on the phone to your liking then back up a perfect copy of that system just incase a reformat comes by.
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocal View Post
    Changing the 3G Icon to properly show H+, Using Xposed Framework with XVoice+ (route all SMS through Google Voice so I can use Hangouts), Youtube AdAway (removes Ads before vids), MotoGuide (adds Charging LED so I know if my jank charger is working), Gravity Box (customize lockscreen, homescreen, status bar, and other things),

    When you root, an entire world of customization is opened up to you. you can change literally everything on the phone to your liking then back up a perfect copy of that system just incase a reformat comes by.
    I know what can be done with it, I was asking him because he said he wants to have root access, just like his friends. That's not a good reason to do it, unless he needs/wants to do some of the things he mentioned.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  9. #9  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I know what can be done with it, I was asking him because he said he wants to have root access, just like his friends. That's not a good reason to do it, unless he needs/wants to do some of the things he mentioned.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ohhhh i see. yeah in case, rooting would be a really bad idea. Unlocking the bootloader to gain root access permanently voids warranty and has a very small chance of being relocked. If the OP already know what they want to do with Root Access, its not worth the trouble.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Just one question. Why exactly do you need root access? Most people do it to get stock android, which the G already has
    Ummm have you seen all the Google and Motorola stuff in the Settings - Apps Running page?

    Didja notice that Maps Permissions now add Hangouts and G+ etc?

    Cyanogenmod sounds like a good plan to me.
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: official cyanogenmod for moto g?

    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyMiddle View Post
    Ummm have you seen all the Google and Motorola stuff in the Settings - Apps Running page?

    Didja notice that Maps Permissions now add Hangouts and G+ etc?

    Cyanogenmod sounds like a good plan to me.
    I meant mostly stock Android. The Moto stuff is actually quite useful imo, and OP didn't mention anything about bloatware
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Similar Threads

  1. AC Moto G Give-Away Results?
    By Old Stoneface in forum Moto G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

B