1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto G on 4.4.2 Hangouts Can't Download MMS Messages

Whenever I receive an MMS, I get the "click to download" message, but when the ellipsis moves, but never downloads anything. Eventually it says "retrying" but it still never downloads. The message in this case is only a long text message (1kb). I'm in the UK on 3. I've been searching for other people with this issue, but can't find any. Is there any reason why this would be happening?

Default Re: Moto G on 4.4.2 Hangouts Can't Download MMS Messages

Is auto retrieve enabled in your hangouts/sms settings?
    njoi Android i!

Quote Originally Posted by LightninLew View Post
    Whenever I receive an MMS, I get the "click to download" message, but when the ellipsis moves, but never downloads anything. Eventually it says "retrying" but it still never downloads. The message in this case is only a long text message (1kb). I'm in the UK on 3. I've been searching for other people with this issue, but can't find any. Is there any reason why this would be happening?
    just an fyi you need carrier data to download the MMS.. if you are on wifi at that time it wont work
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

ROM
    ICS 4.0.5

My Nexus 4 when updated to 4.4.2 wouldn't download MMS. I had to install GS SMS Pro to get it to work. Bought a Moto G this week and it's still on 4.3 and MMS works fine..

I have the same exact problem and always have. A few months ago I was excited to see that the update was supposed to fix the MMS problem but it did not. I even factory reset my phone to no avail.

Eventually I just turned off Hangouts as my text service which is inconvenient because I like all of the other aspects but currently necessary in order to receive MMS, which includes group messages.