1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Plugged into PC - how to see Folders?

Hi All,

In installed a full backup app and it saves stuff to a new folder it created. I can see folder and files on the phone using the File Manager.

When I plug the USB into the laptop, I can only see two Folders, DCIM and Pictures.

How can I get to see the other folders, at least the one the backup app created so I can copy it to the laptop for safe keeping?

Thanks

Default Re: Plugged into PC - how to see Folders?

Maybe your USB connection is set to 'Camera'? If so, you should use "Media Device", that should let you see all (permitted) folders in your phone.

If the window you're seeing popped up automatically, try finding your phone in "My Computer" (I'm assuming you're using Windows), right-click it and select "Explore". If that doesn't work, then it's definitely your phone's connection mode.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Plugged into PC - how to see Folders?

Thanks SD,

It had been set to Camera by an app I installed a few days back and have since removed. Can't remember what the app was but I do remember it showing that screen and asking me to select PTP. I guess the uninstall didn't ask me to put it back to MTP.