How to connect USB OTG?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Usually you just plug in the usb otg cable and then connect the external device. If you want to connect a usb thumb drive, you can view the contents inside using a file explorer such as ES File Explorer.

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Usually you just plug in the usb otg cable and then connect the external device. If you want to connect a usb thumb drive, you can view the contents inside using a file explorer such as ES File Explorer.

I see.....does ur Computer USB connectivity work? Mine does not seem to want to Connect to my computer..... Nothing comes up? Wondering what the issue is?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Nothing come s up on my MacBook (even with Android Transfer) and I select USB connection.....do u have a Moto G?

Are you referring to the phone itself is not being read by the Macbook? And no :) This is based all on similarities on the Android system!

GravityMan

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes....the phone does not seem to be read by MacBook ....even the software to read Android (file transfer app)

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this will help.
I have MacBook 2008, OS 10.8.x and downloaded Android file transfer application - get it here: Android.com. Once installed, connect your Moto G to Mac computer and if it is working properly, the app will start up and you'll see your Moto G files. Attached snapshot of the my desktop. If that doesn't work, you either have defective usb cable [??] or G device.

Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 9.40.46 AM.png